Freedom dragging feet on refund - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Blintok
  • 1 Post By ExDilbert

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-07-17, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Freedom dragging feet on refund

Switched from Wind(Freedom) a couple months back to Koodo. There was a credit on my account that Freedom said would be returned to me in the form of a cheque. They said it would take up to 8wks from the date i cancelled. The end of last week was 9weeks and still no cheque. Sent them an email. waiting for a reply. think i might phone them as well to find out what the issue is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-07-18, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

well no word from Freedom Mobile yet. Looks like i am hosed out of 200bux. Note to self, next time make a copy of final bill so when the company deletes your account you will have proof that they actually owe you something. Did not occur to me at the time, silly trusting me.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-07-18, 11:34 AM

Have you contacted them via phone?

DMX 68' tower, HyGain HAM 5 rotator, Antennas Direct DB8e & C5, Channel Master 7777 preamp, Siemens surge protection

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-07-18, 01:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Note to self, next time make a copy of final bill so when the company deletes your account you will have proof that they actually owe you something.
Isn't "paperless billing" wonderful. It saves the companies involved about $3/mo but consumers rarely see any savings. If anything, it costs consumers more. When companies want to give me a permanent monthly credit to sign up for online billing, that's when it will happen.

I tried paperless billing a couple of times. Both times caused unforeseen problems. I printed out all online bills so I had a record. That cost me money. Recently, the bank forced me to take paperless statements without my consent. Don't bother to print statements now but I will in cases of discrepancies or money owed.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-07-19, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

just an update.

yes i was going to call them next day but on Tuesday evening there was an email response from them saying they have escalated my claim and will call me in a few days. They called me about 30 minutes ago. They said they will be issuing a new cheque in a few days. Just have to double check to make sure old cheque was not cashed. I confirmed that they have the correct mailing address and they do.

so there is some hope after all. will up date when i found out more.

and yes. paperless billing is great except when it is not. I used to save the bills as a pdf. Think i will starting doing that again.
Jase88 likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-07-27, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

final update.

when i got the phone call on the 19th they told me i would get a call in a couple of days to let me know when they are sending a cheque. Today was 5 days since i heard from them. Was going to call them today but
decided to wait until Friday to see if i get something in the mail. When i checked the mail tonight i saw a letter from Freedom Mobile. Took longer than expected but they came through in the end. I have my refund.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-07-29, 09:41 PM
Veteran

Standard operating procedure for service providers is to demand payment for services from customers in advance but wait 60 days to process refund payments. As a group, they probably have billions of dollars of customer money on deposit for services not yet delivered. Most businesses are not allowed to bill customers until products or services are delivered. How telecom and cable companies managed to get permission to bill in this manner is a mystery of Canadian regulation.
andyk likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.