Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto Downtown, Bell VDSL Fibe
Roaming with Wind in the USA
Having spent two weeks down in Florida:
* connected with T-Mobile - 3G only (bars 100%) - at Fort Myers airport on landing
* activated hot spot on phone for daily tablet use
* preferred tethering for reliable tablet connection
1. No issues with voice or data
2. Webmail (Sympatico) was OK for reading, but dreadful for sending/replying
3. Classic's "Hub" mail client worked well
4. Certain Playbook apps (weather, mail) refused to recognize the tethering connection
5. Various warnings re data usage from the Classic while tethering and hot spotting
6. Warnings from T-Mobile (I think) re hot spotting
Am on Wind's $40 plan, with $15 US data/voice roaming add-on activated for the month.
Cellphone is factory-unlocked Blackberry Classic, with Playbook tablet.
I'll wait to see if there are any surcharges from T-Mobile, but found the $15 add-on met my needs well. No complaints.