New Wind customer experience - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Norman_C

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-09-06, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

New Wind customer experience

Just posting my experience
1. Finally decided to switch and went over, ported my Bell number. service was quick and and no upsell. only had to pay for sim card $25+Tax. Given temporary number till me number got ported in up to 3 hours.. process took 10-15 minutes. On the 39$ promo plan. 1 month free after 3 months with $150 credit (10$ per month for 15 months to be used for other things other than your bill)

2. Problem #1. number not ported after 3 hours.
3. Problem #2 online account info not working.

called in at 10 you need your IN number and your temp number to access csr.
told they were having issues with porting since Thursday and all stores should have known and told me. i said no and csr should be made aware as i could have waited thru the long weekend. CSR was nice and polite. says Tuesday should be fixed. told her i was not very happy from the start as a brand new customer.

Anyways this morning my account on wind (problem 2 resolved) now works. i have cell phone service and my data works well though not as fast as it used to be but not a real issue. Will also assess how well it works while i am at work.

Going to Mexico in a couple of weeks and will post my experience with it as well. was told that Nextel is the partner to log into while there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-09-06, 11:25 PM
Veteran

I'm planning on switching in February when my wife's 2 years contract with Bell is up. A while back they were running a $35/month unlimited plan. I guess that was just temporary?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-09-07, 12:39 AM
Veteran

I think they still have unlimited data on the $35 plan but it slows down when you reach a certain level (2GB for the $35plan) and that level increases as you go up in plans. 3GB... 5GB and so on.

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-09-07, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

plans

The 45$ plan is now on for $39 and this week we get 1 month free (after 3 months)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-09-08, 02:23 PM

and they bumped my $40/month plan to include the US-wide talk this month (I guess because of the $39 promo).
creepwalker likes this.

Former Rogers VIP, now Bell Fibe, Sony KDL40W3000, BDPS350, Philips Streamium NP2500 (2). DS209 NAS, Playbook
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-09-10, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

port happens

Finally had my porting completed today... seems to work better now. but data speeds still slower than robelus. works back of building work in north edmonton but not at my desk but not an isuue as i have land line where i sit.

next stop mexico to test out service in a foreign land and see how the roaming will add up
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-10-04, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

f/u from Mexico...
experience went OK. billing was on point though and was not thru the roof except if you left your data on.. $1 per MB is just over the top. Phone system was $0.75 per minute and that's also per outgoing text, incoming was free.

1 you must switch your phone to Nextel when you get there but that connection does not hold depending on where you are and it may take another carrier while you are roaming. to solve this there is a wind app that you can use to select but what i found is that if you shut your phone off at night you must repeat this process.

2. my data speeds were to slow and always cut out in the house even though i live in the middle of the city (edmonton). it did not work while i was at work but that was a non issue as i have a phone at my desk.

3. even on wind away (with tech help) my note 4 would not work out of the city west or north and i kept getting billed for away service even though it would not work.

4. No longer with wind, i had to leave as it had been a work week where i needed to be in constant contact both in and out of the office... and for some reason wind did not like to bluetooth while i drove in my vehicle.

5. another reason being i had the 39$ plan with $200 bring your own phone credits plus after 3 months i got a bill credit for 1 months service. My other half who switched 2 days after was told one 1 promo he could have. even though we spoke to csr they confirmed this bait and switch. got back from Mexico and they told he could will get both and there was a ticket with that memo... 2 days after another tech who could not speak English properly called again and went thru it again and said no to everything.. that was it for spouse he was so angry at them he said to check your records and gave them name and info of every call and person.. and told the how frustration it was with yes and no and changes.. the wind finally blew us back to robelus
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-10-24, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

so ported our numbers and paid off our balances... end of billing period we have refunds due to us as well...

i called and there was a 15 minute wait so took myself to facebook... spoke to minion chis and he took my account info and said we have to do a requested.. when that request is "verified and approved" they will issue a check and call us to let us know it is being mailed. it should take 4-6 weeks and he gave us confirmation numbers. i did let him know i was not happy to seemingly beg for my own money when i paid in good faith and i still have to wait for an approval and 4-6 weeks. oh well it could get worse!.. will follow up later!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-10-25, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

got approval.. verified info... told to wait 4-5 weeks for check in mail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.