Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Surrey, BC
Most TVs have a stereo audio input to go along with each video input. HDMI is the exception as it carries both audio and video. So if you want sound from the TV it will need stereo input or HDMI.
For example on some TVs they support the following inputs:
- Input 1 = composite video, stereo audio
- Input 2 = s-video, stereo audio
- Input 3 = VGA, stereo audio
- Input 4 = component video, stereo audio
- Input 5 = DVI video, stereo audio
- Input 6 = HDMI
Note: some HDMI devices don't output the audio or are not carrying the stereo audio signal. They may be just a converted DVI internally and/or exclusively using digital audio (optical or coaxial). Like my Samsung DVR-135.