Dad shoots teen's laptop over Facebook post - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-10, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Dad shoots teen's laptop over Facebook post

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/dad-shoots...book-post.html

Quote:
A lesson to teenagers the world over. Never mess with a man in IT, especially when that man is your dad.

Tommy Jordan’s 15-year-old daughter Hannah wrote a post on Facebook, saying how upset she was and how unfair her life was, given all the unpaid chores her parents made her do like laundry and dishes, and how they just in general made her life difficult.
*Warning, video contains coarse language. Finally a dad that I like, standing up to a spoil brat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-10, 12:30 PM
DHC Supporter

Quote:
"Maybe a few kids can take something away from this..., " wrote Tommy Jordan. "If you're so disrespectful to your parents and yourself as to post this kind of thing on Facebook, you're deserving of some tough love."
I watched the clip last night. Assuming it wasn't just a prank by some guy looking to score his own reality TV show, I think he's an idiot for:
- destroying a perfectly good laptop he had just spent good money ($130 or so) fixing and upgrading;
- using a handgun to do it (and telling his daughter she'll owe him for the bullets); and
- referring to the idiocy he was recording for public consumption as "tough love".

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-10, 02:09 PM

This is funny....I want to shake this guys hand. This rings close to home for me, 15 yr old tennage daughter, doesn't like doing laundry, dishes and spends time texting and facebook with similar comments
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-10, 02:23 PM
Veteran

I don't feel this is an effective parenting lesson, but it's great entertainment value
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-10, 03:46 PM

Not sure what to say. If it gets the family talking good. If it drives her to drugs, alcohol and sex not so good. I can imagine how frustrated he is.

I have two kids but they are not teens yet. But I have learned to never judge parents. Especially if you have never walked a mile in their holster.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-10, 06:58 PM

Does the laptop still work? Maybe someone should just apply the latest software patch to it if it doesn't.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-10, 08:08 PM
Veteran

Now that it's gone viral he may be rethinking if this was a good idea. 3 million views.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-10, 08:24 PM

I didn't go to that extent, but I feel what the guy is going through. O
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-10, 08:26 PM
Veteran

I am all for strong discipline in the home but... Listened to the girl's post, listened to this guy and seen his attitude. I have a pretty good idea where the girl gets the pi$$ poor attitude. This guy is not parenting, he simply lost it and my hunch is this family is not over the drama, the worse is to come (who's gone kill who?). Not so sure about the negativity the step mom has on this girl either, numnut briefly speaks of the step mom and we do not know the entire story behind this all.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-11, 07:15 AM
Veteran

If this is a joke / gag then it is funny. If this is legit, this guy doesn't have a clue about parenting and I'm sure his days of problems with his kid(s) aren't over by a long shot (pun intended!).

My 2 cents.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-11, 08:03 AM

Solving problems with a gun?
This sends the wrong message.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-11, 04:49 PM

Here we go about the gun thing.I think he did good.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-11, 05:12 PM
Veteran

If he used a sledgehammer instead of a pistol, nobody would be talking about this.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-11, 05:21 PM
Veteran

A sledgehammer is more satisfying as well. You actually feel the impact and see little pieces flying all over (wear safety goggles.) (I've demolished things as part of construction projects, not because I was pissed, but it's still very "basic instinct.") As much as I agree about the kids PP attitude, I've got to think this guy is a real loose cannon (pun intended) as well. Who knows what, or who, he's going to put a bullet into next time he gets pissed.

At 20 I had a good mind. At 40 I had money. At 60 I've lost my mind and my money. Oh, to be 20 again. --Scary
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 2012-02-11, 06:36 PM
Veteran

wish he had flipped it over so we could see the other side.. see if those hollow points blew out the backside

Licenced HVAC TECH: "Without seeing your problem i can only offer suggestions, no warranty is included with my advice"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.