Sony 4K Ultra Hi-Def & CD Player (No Audio) - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-12-05, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Sony 4K Ultra Hi-Def & CD Player (No Audio)

Hello: I have a Technics CD player (model SL-MC400) connected to my Sony 4K Ultra Hi-Def television (model XBR55X850D) using the red & white RCA cables.
I also have a VCR/DVD Video Recorder connected to the TV using a HDMI cable. My sound device is a Sonos Playbar which is also connected to the TV.
I successfully hooked up the CD player about 3 months ago and everything worked fine when I decided to play it and listen to CD's.

However a couple of days ago I turned the CD player on again, selected a CD which played but there was no sound.
Both the TV and the Video recorder continue to work fine, with video and sound.
Wondering if anyone might be able to help me or provide me with a solution as to why, all of a sudden, I have no audio when I play the CD player?

I should add that I performed a couple of factory resets on the TV since I last player the CD player with sound but again those resets didn't affect the TV itself or the Video recorder when I play a DVD.
Appreciate any help with my dilemma.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-12-05, 07:08 PM
Veteran

That's a new one for me (using a CD Player with a television).

That said, it might be a simple matter of figuring out which video input on your TV corresponds with the composite (red/white) jacks you've plugged the CD Player into. It's entirely possible those inputs are disabled on your TV if it detects no video source. Usually it would be called Video 1, Video 2, or Composite. Once you enable the correct input and select it, you should be good to go. Press the HOME button, then go to Settings - TV - External inputs and check there.

Do note that you'll probably want to adjust your TVs power save mode if it has one, as it still may want to turn off after a while when it doesn't detect a video signal.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-12-09, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Hi BGY11 and thanks for your help with my issue. Actually those two inputs (video 1 & video 2/composite) are available or listed on the TV screen when I press the "input" button on my remote but when I use the arrow button to scroll to either one to select, it scrolls right over or past both. It does however allow me to scroll and select any of the other available inputs (ie: input 1, input 2, input 3 or input 4).
Any idea why I'm unable to select video 1 or video 2/composite?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-12-09, 10:01 PM
Veteran

It's probably because no video cable is connected. Try connecting a composite video cable from the video player to the same TV source as the CD player.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-12-10, 12:23 AM
Veteran

That usually means they aren't enabled. My brother's old Sony TV works the same way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.