Samsung BD 1600/3600 and 4600 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2009-04-01, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Member #1
Samsung BD 1600/3600 and 4600

Samsung Electronics America Inc., today announced availability for its Spring 2009 Blu-ray line-up, led by the flagship BD-P4600.

All three players include Profile 2.0 ready or enable (BD-P1600 is BD Live ready, requires 1GB of memory)and Bonus View (Profile 1.1) support for picture-in-picture functionality with high definition discs.

• BD-P4600: $499.99 available in April
  • BD-P3600: $399.99 available now
  • BD-P1600: $299.99 available now
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2009-04-01, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Member #1
From press release

BD-P4600 and BD-P3600: More Than Your Average Blu-ray Players

Samsung’s newest Blu-ray players continue the trend of stylish and décor-friendly electronics with new versions of Samsung’s Touch of Color (ToC) design and touch sensitive controls. The BD-P3600’s traditional set-top form is just over two inches tall, and comes encased in deep black with charcoal grey highlights curving along the outer edges. The wall-mountable BD-P4600 is just 1.5 inches thin with a piano black design infused with ruby highlights along the outer edges. If wall-mounting is not an option, an integrated stand lets the BD-P4600 be placed on a table at a 25 degree angle.

Both the BD-P4600 and BD-P3600 can access the latest Blu-ray features either wirelessly using the included 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi dongle, or via the traditional wired Ethernet connection. And both players can access the latest BD Live and Bonus View Blu-ray features out of the box with the 1GB internal flash memory, leaving the two USB 2.0 ports available for wireless networking and memory expansion duties when needed. Consumers can even stream music, videos, and photos directly from a networked PC with the players, for instant playback and big-screen enjoyment in the living room.

BD-P1600: Anything But Basic

The BD-P1600 is a high-definition Blu-ray player with advanced multimedia features minus the high price tag. The BD-P1600 is Wi-Fi ready (separate purchase of a Wi-Fi USB dongle required), allowing consumers to easily access the latest Blu-ray features, content from Netflix and Pandora, upgrades, and more without the need for additional wires. The BD-P1600 also offers multi-format disc playback (BD, DVD, CD, MP3, JPEG, AVCHD) and the convenience of two USB ports.

All of Samsung’s Blu-ray players offer Full HD 1080p playback with Blu-ray discs, and crisp, detailed upconversion of standard DVDs, and feature an HDMI 1.3 output for a high quality connection to the latest HDTVs.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2009-04-01, 06:51 PM
the 4600 is really ugly.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2009-05-19, 04:16 PM
I'm having a problem with the BDP 1600.

When I want to look at jpeg photos on a disc,
the rate by which they are changed keeps
speeding up on me. After several photos,
I have to reset the slide-show speed setting.

Apparently there is no software yet to fix this.

Anyone out there with a solution?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2009-05-19, 04:43 PM
Another problem with the BD P 1600.

Now I have no audio!

Anyone else with this problem.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2009-06-30, 11:40 PM
Location: Alberta, Yamaha RX-V1700, LG 60" Plasma, BD-F7500, Post Audio & Energy spkrs, Paradigm PDR-12 Sub
Well folks, here I sit broken hearted, paid a good dollar and My Samsung BDP-1600 just failed. LOL. I just did the firmware upgrade that was available for it tonight and after the update, the player crapped out and will only turn on with a blank blue screen. I wouldn't recommend a Samsung product to anyone unless they were gonna use it for target practice. Second player that crapped out in three months now. Woowwwwwyyyyyy, what performance. I just wish I could exchange this pile o junk for a Panasonic or a Sony. I will do some begging and pleading with the management of where I bought it at. They say I have to have it repaired with the Samsung warranty. I guess I'll see.

Last edited by 57; 2009-07-01 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Edited for language.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2009-07-15, 11:42 PM
Hugh, we tried to stream divx movies on the BD3600 from my MAC via wireless but no success. I was able to view the shared folder icon and title of movie, but the screen went black for a long time, looks like it froze. Should hardwire be the solution for streaming? We also tried to watch a divx movie through the USB but no success either.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2009-07-16, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Member #1
onallera, my experience has been that if you want to stream HD to another device, hardwire is the way to go. If you have a great wireless-n system and everything is perfect then you might be okay but even then I have found problems.

FWIW, I don't think your problems are a wireless problem, rather I think its a Samsung Hardware problem, however, I would try a wired solution before blaming it on the Samsung.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.