Thanks again. I got 580mV.
I don't know if it means anything, but after hooking it up again and measuring the voltage while the main burner is actually on, the voltage drops to about 110mV. Is this still enough to keep it going or has it dropped too much?
Edit: After about 10 minutes the voltage dropped to 95mV and the whole thing shut off. I re-lit the fireplace right away and the voltage stabilized at about 117mV for about 20 minutes, but when it dropped to 102mV the main and pilot both shut off. It looks like the voltage is dropping throughout the time the fireplace is lit. Is this normal or can it be the power pile? I don't know if a power pile just goes dead, or if it actually gets weaker and weaker. I can't see anything that would make me believe there is a short somewhere "draining" the voltage. Any last thoughts before I call the gas guys?
Last edited by parnoren; 2010-11-08 at 01:05 AM.