New Polymer Birth Certificates - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-06-28, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

New Polymer Birth Certificates

Good morning everybody. I recently had a baby and did all the paper work, got my baby's new birth certificate in the mail. noticed its a new polymer one just like our money. When my first kid was born the birth certificate I got was a piece of paper kind of like the paper money we used to use. Im a bit OCD and was wondering would it be a problem if I were to contact Service Ontario and request a replacement Birth Certificate for my first child and heck, even myself? I don't mind to pay for them either. I'm guessing they would replace them with the new polymer version right? Its just that the older certificates were paper and are falling apart and not holding up too well and since its a legal Canadian document I would rather have them replace it than try to fix it my self.

What do you guys think?

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-06-28, 10:56 AM

I misplaced my Ontario birth certificate in the 90's and it was replaced with the current style of the 1990's - a laminated paper certificate. I believe they don't revert back to the original style, just reprint one of the current style based on my 25+ year old experience.

Back then, I think I just called some office and told them I lost mine, and they just mailed a replacement! Hopefully security has improved since then...but then again, it took until just over a year ago to get a new OHIP Health card with a photo on it...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-06-28, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Nice, so your saying that when I call Service Ontario and ask to replace MY birth certificate, I will get the new polymer version like what my son has with the same information that my old certificate had? if so that would be great!

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2017-06-28, 06:29 PM

I imagine there will be a fee for that. I lost my original and ordered a new one via Service Ontario online and it cost around $30. The only drawback with these is they are large and says in the mailer accompaniement "do not fold" and is about 7" long by 4.5" wide, not wallet friendly by any means.

Last edited by Zank Frappa; 2017-06-28 at 06:57 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2018-02-09, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

I would not want to keep a birth certificate in a wallet, I would prefer to keep it in a safe place at home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.