Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regional Municipality of Durham
The strange thing for me is when I moved into my (previously owned) house, I noticed there was no vent pipe for the stove top, and no vent baffle on the outside wall of my kitchen. There is an overhead microwave oven mounted, which contains a fan, but its not connected to anything outside the house. I did also notice my microwave oven contains a recirculate system in place for installs like this, where it sucks up the air from underneath, filters it out into the air/grease filters, and spits the air out of another port on the top. It does seem to work to get rid of the humidity/steam from cooking, but it does not get rid of the odours very well so I am thinking about borrowing my personal handyman contractor aka my father, and installing my own vent piping and connecting it up to the microwave.
Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.