Kitchen under-cabinet hood - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 2016-02-01, 10:16 PM

I am looking at broan vs cyclone, did you get an answer from anyone? did you choose yet and if so which one did you go with, thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 2016-02-02, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

I have been using Ancona insert (bought from Costco) for 3 years now. Very happy with it. Use the 300 cfm setting 99% of the time and it works and not noisy. Easy to clean, just put the oil filter in the dishwasher. Inside is easy to swipe clean, no grease accumulation.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 2016-02-02, 01:03 PM
Veteran

The strange thing for me is when I moved into my (previously owned) house, I noticed there was no vent pipe for the stove top, and no vent baffle on the outside wall of my kitchen. There is an overhead microwave oven mounted, which contains a fan, but its not connected to anything outside the house. I did also notice my microwave oven contains a recirculate system in place for installs like this, where it sucks up the air from underneath, filters it out into the air/grease filters, and spits the air out of another port on the top. It does seem to work to get rid of the humidity/steam from cooking, but it does not get rid of the odours very well so I am thinking about borrowing my personal handyman contractor aka my father, and installing my own vent piping and connecting it up to the microwave.

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 2016-02-11, 06:10 PM

When I moved into my present house around 1983, the original owner who built it had a NuTone range hood there. After some time I discovered that the vent opening was not cut out, so I did that. It wasn't a recirculating hood with a filter either. The owner was a "flipper" and just wanted to move on and make money. Some years later I learned that venting into the attic wasn't the "proper" way to do it. I've since upgraded to a newer stainless steel range hood, but still haven't installed additional ducting and a roof vent. After all these years I haven't noticed any grease on the insulation, probably because I have lots of roof vents and a power vent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.