I, too, am very impressed with this gadget. I have been on it pretty much nonstop.
* Rogers' reception is very spotty in my house, unfortunately. When I do get some bars on 3G, the speed is very good. I did download the app "Things," as well as a song from iTunes over Edge and it was still not bad at all.
* The first time I typed an SMS, I was annoyed at the iPhone and my clumsy fingers. Then I remembered a video I had watched where the guy said "just trust the iPhone prediction capabilities and type away." I started doing that and I now can't believe how fast I can type on it. Literally two hours after owning it I feel like I am typing the fastest I've ever typed on a phone/Blackberry/etc. and it will just get better.
* The App Store is fantastic, except I found it odd that you cannot click on the manufacturer's website link in the info section and load it in Safari. Maybe this was just a bug, and I haven't checked since, but I found it odd.
* GPS is amazing. It pinpointed my EXACT location in about 15 seconds. Our street is a very short loop with about 15 houses on each side of the street. The GPS dot was bang-on, and Google Maps looks fantastic. I can't wait to use this while travelling.
* The only mail account I have set up is my regular Gmail account (no IMAP/POP). It works great, except the labels function doesn't work as I thought. I chose to label an e-mail as "friends," but it seemed to "move" the message to that "folder," and remove it from the Inbox. So it seems that applying a label removes the Inbox label, which is not what I want at all!
* I use Google Calendar and I have "synced" it to iCal. The Calendar app looks nice and I love how it is set up in month mode: There is a dot below the date if there are events on that day and then the bottom section is scrollable with all your events.
* The camera is surprisingly good. A million times better than the one in my KRZR or Moto v710. I am excited to finally be able to take presentable photos on the go. The option in the Facebook app to take a photo and automatically upload it to "Mobile Uploads" is great.
* YouTube loads very quickly. On EDGE, it was a bit painful, but 3G was great, and Wifi was instantaneous.
* I love the ease of use of the Contacts. My only problem is that it is not syncing all of my Address Book contacts.. I can't figure out why yet. First bug for me, and it's fairly annoying.
* The NY Times app is nicely done. I have also already successfully used the PayPal app to send some money. I have used the new Apple Remote app, but with my current set up it isn't super useful. I can see it being awesome for Apple TV though, or if your Mac is hooked up to your TV, or if you have your Mac set up close enough to watch from bed or something.
* Call clarity is excellent, much better than my KRZR. And a few friends have commented that it is easier to hear me as well.
* Making calls, sending TXTs, etc. is a breeze and I haven't had a hiccup yet.
* I am wondering about the reception, though. As I mentioned, it is spotty with Rogers, sometimes I have 3G in the basement, and sometimes I get NO SERVICE. The wifi was also a bit flaky upstairs (my router is downstairs), and this has never happened with my MacBook. Not sure if these are issues with just my unit, or if the reception is a bit iffy in all units. I am sure if I am in the heart of Halifax, I will get some nice 3G reception, but I am not very far from a 3G tower, so I should be getting good reception here.
* Battery Life: I can see me charging this every 2-3 days over the summer (I am a teacher, so I am off and will be playing with this thing every day). During work time, I might get away with a weekly charge. Wifi and 3G seem to suck the most, but I have been doing a bit of everything, so I am not surprised that it is at half battery after one day.
* Glossy Back: It looked very awesome for about 1 minute. Now it is a fingerprint and smudge magnet. And it already had a few tiny scratches in it, and it hasn't been near anything except my pocket (no keys, change, etc.) and my ottoman. I think I prefer the brushed metal, just as I prefer my 2G Nano's finish over the 1G's plastic. I think I will purchase a rubber skin case.
* Screen: Stunning. Sometimes it stays fairly clean and other times I feel the need to wipe it. It's really bad when you make calls - it's easy to let your face rub up against it, and with the summer heat, it's getting a bit of sweat. The included cleaning cloth is decent. I am going to make sure I have a microfiber cloth at work, and maybe even in the car, because I am bit anal about it. I am not worried about scratching though - it is very tough.
Panasonic 42PZ85 + Eastlink - iPhone 4 32gb - MacBook Pro 15.4 Hi-Res 2.2 i7 8gb 500gb + iMac 27 3.4 i7 12gb 1tb
Last edited by okcomputer; 2008-07-12 at 11:37 AM.