Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Swap homephone with wireless in bundle promo?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Stefer 
#1 ·
Hi,

Was wondering if it's possible to swap home phone in a promo with wireless service?

Not for the same $ of course... what I mean is, will you be able to keep a promotional pricing if you have wireless instead of home phone? I'd like to get rid of homephone and switch to mobile instead.

#2 ·
With the phone, Internet, TV bundles, all services come over the same cable and so can produces some economies. Wireless is a completely separate service. I have all 4 from Rogers and there doesn't seem to be any discount for cell, with the other services I have.

You can call Rogers and ask, but don't be surprised if you can't get what you want.

#5 ·
You could be right. I don't see why wireless phone should not qualify for a bundle but Rogers (and Bell) can be very inflexible with such things. That's OK though, I get better deals by ignoring their bundles and shopping around for the best deal on each service. They still have to maintain the connection even if I only have one of their services or buy everything from third parties. Bundle discounts need to be a lot deeper if they want to stop losing customers to third party resellers and OTT services.

#6 ·
^^^^
Actually, I have decent prices for both my cable based services and cell phone. I recently saw a deal Rogers had for 6 GB of data on a cell plan that costs more than my entire plan, 6 GB included. Also, last year, when I changed cable modems to get IPv6, my bill dropped by about $50/month. People I speak to wonder why I pay so little, compared to what they pay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.