Swap homephone with wireless in bundle promo? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-09-22, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Swap homephone with wireless in bundle promo?

Hi,

Was wondering if it's possible to swap home phone in a promo with wireless service?

Not for the same $ of course... what I mean is, will you be able to keep a promotional pricing if you have wireless instead of home phone? I'd like to get rid of homephone and switch to mobile instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-09-22, 12:23 PM
Veteran

With the phone, Internet, TV bundles, all services come over the same cable and so can produces some economies. Wireless is a completely separate service. I have all 4 from Rogers and there doesn't seem to be any discount for cell, with the other services I have.

You can call Rogers and ask, but don't be surprised if you can't get what you want.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-09-22, 02:46 PM
Veteran

The web site bundles only mention internet, TV and home phone but it also says,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogers web site
Want more options? Build your own bundle with any Rogers products. Call 1 866 584 1211 and we’ll help you out.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-09-22, 03:31 PM
Veteran

^^^^
I bet that means you can adjust what you get with those services, from the standard packages. For example, you might get more data or TV channels.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-09-22, 09:47 PM
Veteran

You could be right. I don't see why wireless phone should not qualify for a bundle but Rogers (and Bell) can be very inflexible with such things. That's OK though, I get better deals by ignoring their bundles and shopping around for the best deal on each service. They still have to maintain the connection even if I only have one of their services or buy everything from third parties. Bundle discounts need to be a lot deeper if they want to stop losing customers to third party resellers and OTT services.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-09-23, 07:01 AM
Veteran

^^^^
Actually, I have decent prices for both my cable based services and cell phone. I recently saw a deal Rogers had for 6 GB of data on a cell plan that costs more than my entire plan, 6 GB included. Also, last year, when I changed cable modems to get IPv6, my bill dropped by about $50/month. People I speak to wonder why I pay so little, compared to what they pay.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2017-09-25, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Talked to their social media team, they don't allow it for now. But a friend of mine got a really great discount on his cellphone plan because they had tv/internet/homephone, so might look into it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.