Will your phone work on Telus/Bell's HSPA network? - Page 9 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #121 of 132 (permalink) Old 2014-02-18, 02:31 PM
Rookie

Hi many thanks for the replies. This really helps. I think I need 2100 for 3G in the UK but the quad ones will work on GSM there (I think).

Yes, I'm starting to feel wary of BLU just because of all these various comments I've seen. And then the phone may have to be returned as they'll have to be bought online etc. etc. Pity really as these phones look to be good value for money. I did try to contacting BLU via email and they advised contacting the network provider. But when you ring the network, the person you speak does not always have a good understanding either.

I'm starting to wonder about a Motorola XT1033 which seems to have the right specifications and I also spotted an LG Pro Lite ... although I don't think they're as good.

I'll let you know if I find out anymore about the BLU possible "issue".

Snowy2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 132 (permalink) Old 2014-10-06, 01:20 PM
Rookie

Sorry for bringing this old post alive, but i had a question about importing a phone from China.
Here is the link to gsmarena with details
http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z7_mini-6492.php
, if anyone can please let me know if this phone will work with Bell/Virgin. I checked IEMI number with both Bell and Virgin and they both indicated it won't work with their network.
Spoke with customer service with both carriers and they both said it might/will not work.
Currently have iphone4 and need to upgrade and i like the specs/futures of this phone.
Thanks in advance.
post #123 of 132 (permalink) Old 2014-10-06, 03:44 PM

It will work based on those specs

post #124 of 132 (permalink) Old 2014-10-06, 05:14 PM
Rookie

Thanks yyzlhr, i will be ordering it then.
post #125 of 132 (permalink) Old 2014-11-12, 08:14 PM

Just for those wondering about the 1plusOne. i was luck enough to get an invite this weekend and phone arrived today. works like a charm.... which is a shame as i just got a Note 4 and i love it more.
post #126 of 132 (permalink) Old 2014-11-12, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Yup! OnePlus One will work on Bell, Rogers, Telus, and even Wind & Mobilicity
post #127 of 132 (permalink) Old 2015-06-24, 05:44 PM
Rookie

Question about compatibility when importing an asian phone

Hello, sorry for bumping the topic but I'm trying to come to a conclusion as to the correct answer to my question. I'm interested in getting an unlocked phone and importing it from abroad I have been trying to figure out if it will work on the Bell network.

I'm currently still using a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I'm on the Bell network, I'm looking to get this new unlocked phone and put my current sim card in it and then use the S2 as a backup.

I searched for some phones and came accross these two:

https://www.fastcardtech.com/HDC-S6.html

https://www.fastcardtech.com/HDC-S6-EX.html

I emailed the websites support team and they are telling me that there is no phone in China that will work on the Bell network. First they told me "thanks for choosing us ,both items can be used in your country with the 3G except the bell network ,4G can not be used ."

I inquired further because looking at the specs of these phone and then looking at the bell support page here: Will my mobile phone or smartphone work on the Bell network?

I didn't see any reason it wouldn't work atleast to my understanding. They responded to my follow up with "they means the HSPA withe 4G ,but in china is 3G, there is no phone in china can support those bands .if you need to buy ,please change the SIM card operator "

Is this true? If I purchased one of these phones for it to work I would need to be with a different carrier? Please help if you can. I'm just learning about phone compatibility and the networks and I'm a bit confused now.

Thank you.
post #128 of 132 (permalink) Old 2015-06-25, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

While in theory they should work on Bell's 3G (HSPA) network, I've heard reports that some phones like these don't work on Bell for some reason (various BLU phones are a prime example). I can't explain why there are compatibility issues, but it can happen.

That said, you're taking a big gamble with these devices. Don't expect a quality device by any means, and good luck if anything goes wrong! These phones are cheap for a very good reason... Poor displays, slow performance (don't trust benchmarks shown on the site), and questionable specs (2GB RAM / device shows 3GB) are just some of the red flags.

Look at something like the Moto E if you want a fairly good budget Android phone. Even though the screen is smaller, it's almost a guarantee that it would provide a much better (and more reliable) experience.

As for the whole 3G vs 4G stuff, in simplest terms, consider HSPA = 3G, and LTE = 4G. It's not entirely accurate, but for the sake of differentiating these network types, it makes the most sense for this discussion.
post #129 of 132 (permalink) Old 2015-06-25, 01:19 PM
Rookie

Thank you very much for the information BGY11 I will take it into consideration for sure, the Moto does look like a good option.
post #130 of 132 (permalink) Old 2016-10-17, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlan View Post
I get a signal with both bell and telus sim in my other phone, I also typed in the imei # at telus and bell and it said not recognized, same at bell, telus and bell is the only ones I get a signal from here, I can see their tower from my front window.
ACER Liquid Z630s 32 GB Black 4G

850, 900, 1800, 1900
3G/WCDMA 850, 900, 1900, 2100
4G/LTE 800, 1800, 2100, 2600

WILL IT SUPPORTS NET WORK OF CHATR, VIRGIN IN CANADA TORONTO
post #131 of 132 (permalink) Old 2016-10-17, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

For 3G service, yes. For LTE, maybe (I'll admit even I get confused by all the different LTE bands).

Also, please don't type in all caps - it comes across as shouting

Sent from my SM-T817W using Tapatalk
post #132 of 132 (permalink) Old 2016-10-18, 12:21 PM
Veteran

Per Wikipedia, Bell/Telus has 3G/HPSA frequencies on 850 and 1900 and 4G/LTE frequencies on 700, 850 (BC only), 1700, 1900, 2100 and 2600.

Per your specs, the Liquid has 2100 and 2600 connectivity, so you will get full 3G coverage and partial 4G/LTE coverage.

CM4228, CM4220HD, Samsung LNT3242H, AccessHD DTA1080D, RCA DTA800, CM7775, Samsung DTB-H260F, Samsung LN40B750

Tags
bell , compatibility , hspa , telus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.