1. Download the ZyXEL user manual in advance if possible. You might find it to be a useful reference for configuring the gateway. However, it’s no problem if you can’t do that in advance. Just follow the instructions below and you can download it later from http://telus.com/content/help/common...ser_Manual.pdf
2. Connect your PC to one of the ZyXEL’s four LAN ports using the supplied Ethernet cable. Also connect the phone line and power adapter. Green lights light up on the gateway once you plug in the power adapter.
3. Launch your Web browser and enter 192.168.1.254 in the URL (address) window.
4. TELUS’s ZyXEL overview screen will be displayed in your browser. Login into the ZyXEL by entering “tech” in the Username field and “t3lu5tv” in the Password field. Logging in as tech offers you some options that the normal user “admin” can’t see.
5. Mouse over Wireless and click on the tab. Disable the wireless function.
6. Mouse over the Network Settings tab and select Broadband. A list of the WAN interfaces will be displayed. Under the list, a Change to Bridge Mode option allows you to convert the listed WAN interfaces to bridge mode. Select the ADSL_DEFAULT_0_33 WAN interface and click on the Change to Bridge Mode button.
7. Now select the Home Networking section under the Network Settings tab and disable DHCP Server State.
8. Mouse over to Security Settings and select Firewall. If you’re using your router as the firewall (and why wouldn’t you), then set the ZyXEL’s firewall to Low.
10. Log back in as “admin” using the password “telus.” Change your admin password to something less obvious but something you’ll remember.
11. Unplug the Ethernet cable from your PC and plug it into the WAN port on your router. Connect an Ethernet cable from one of your router’s LAN ports to your PC.
12. Configure your router (if you haven’t already) according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
13. You should now have your router working with the ZyXEL as if the ZyXEL was only a modem.
14. If you ever want to access the ZyXEL again to change configuration, you’ll need to set the IP address of your PC to 192.168.1.XX (where XX is any number from 1 to 253) because you disabled DHCP on the ZyXEL. Also, you will need to connect directly to the ZyXEL because you won’t be able to reach it through your router.