1. Download the ZyXEL user manual in advance if possible. You might find it to be a useful reference for configuring the gateway. However, itís no problem if you canít do that in advance. Just follow the instructions below and you can download it later from http://telus.com/content/help/common...ser_Manual.pdf
2. Connect your PC to one of the ZyXELís four LAN ports using the supplied Ethernet cable. Also connect the phone line and power adapter. Green lights light up on the gateway once you plug in the power adapter.
3. Launch your Web browser and enter 192.168.1.254 in the URL (address) window.
4. TELUSís ZyXEL overview screen will be displayed in your browser. Login into the ZyXEL by entering ďtechĒ in the Username field and ďt3lu5tvĒ in the Password field. Logging in as tech offers you some options that the normal user ďadminĒ canít see.
5. Mouse over Wireless and click on the tab. Disable the wireless function.
6. Mouse over the Network Settings tab and select Broadband. A list of the WAN interfaces will be displayed. Under the list, a Change to Bridge Mode option allows you to convert the listed WAN interfaces to bridge mode. Select the ADSL_DEFAULT_0_33 WAN interface and click on the Change to Bridge Mode button.
7. Now select the Home Networking section under the Network Settings tab and disable DHCP Server State.
8. Mouse over to Security Settings and select Firewall. If youíre using your router as the firewall (and why wouldnít you), then set the ZyXELís firewall to Low.
10. Log back in as ďadminĒ using the password ďtelus.Ē Change your admin password to something less obvious but something youíll remember.
11. Unplug the Ethernet cable from your PC and plug it into the WAN port on your router. Connect an Ethernet cable from one of your routerís LAN ports to your PC.
12. Configure your router (if you havenít already) according to the manufacturerís instructions.
13. You should now have your router working with the ZyXEL as if the ZyXEL was only a modem.
14. If you ever want to access the ZyXEL again to change configuration, youíll need to set the IP address of your PC to 192.168.1.XX (where XX is any number from 1 to 253) because you disabled DHCP on the ZyXEL. Also, you will need to connect directly to the ZyXEL because you wonít be able to reach it through your router.