Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Middlesex County
I finally called in to Rogers today for a fairly lengthy conversation.
- The rep agreed they should not have charged the $35 activation fee, so I got a credit for that.
- I mentioned that it showed "Unlimited" for my account on Rogers site.
- Just to be clear, the rep told me I didn't have "Unlimited", so it's not something that everyone got for the first 2 months, even though some people on here were told they were getting it.
- The rep confirmed that the "Unlimited" showing online was a known issue to them, but because of the flex plan, it's not actually something they can fix. It'll probably always show Unlimited.
So we just have to keep an eye on the actual amount.
- I stated that 1) it should have been made clear when we set up the Rocket Hub that online it might show "Unlimited", especially coming from the non-tracked Portable Internet, and that 2) someone else I'd spoken to (on here) had been told by Rogers that Rocket Hubs generally have 2 months unlimited at the start anyway.
- I was on hold for a bit and the rep checked and said that yeah, it is common for Rocket Hub users to get a 2 month unlimited promo and that even though they don't have the 2 months unlimited as a current promo, they were able to apply it going back to the start of this billing cycle (March 5th for me, so I have it 'till May 5th).
- I did still get dinged at a higher pro-rated charge for the first 7 days (Feb 27 to March 4), because I used a lot of data right off the bat. However, I was able to get a $15 credit off that $37.20, which helped a bit.
- The rep also said that with data devices, they always start charging you from the day they ship (Feb 27 for me) rather than the day you actually receive it (Feb 29 for me). I don't really agree with this, but it is the way it is, I guess.
- Raptureboi, I have a feeling you should have no problem getting that "2 months unlimited" sorted out, considering you were actually specifically told about it (for the first month at least).
However, I'm sure it will take a decently long call.
And of course, now I'm wondering if I'll have to call back after my next bill to make sure what I thought I just got sorted out was actually sorted out.
- I also asked about getting my Rogers e-mail address back. Easy enough for them to do, but they have to fill out a fairly long form (with you on hold), and it'll take 24-48 hours.
If you call in (I called the 1-866-558-1031 number and got a CSR who was able to deal with this stuff right away):
- They should credit the $35 Activation Fee.
- You can probably get the 2-month Unlimited Promo applied to your account by mentioning
1) the lack of any initial explanation that when you check your usage, it could show you have "Unlimited" online
2) you've heard it's generally a promo Rocket Hubs have anyway, and
3) other folks who were migrated from Portable to the Rocket Hub like you got it.