Bell Home Hub With No Cell Phone Reception - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-03-12, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Bell Home Hub With No Cell Phone Reception

Hey guys, I live in Central Ontario (north of Barrie) and is in the process of moving into a cottage.

Now the cottage essentially has little to no cell phone reception in it. The DB is - 116 to - 130 so essentially a dead zone on all 3 floors.

Bell said that they offer internet for the cottage however because there's only copper wiring and not fiber optics yet my only option is the bell hub 2000.

Now they claim I get up to 15mbps download speed and up to 10mbps.

My worry is that because I have no cell reception so the hub 2000 will not work very well and have a very poor internet connection and speed.

Does anyone have any experience with this or could help me with this. Thanks so much everyone. Cheers
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-03-12, 10:27 AM
why would the home hub 2000 not work well? it has nothing to do with your cell reception, it uses Digital Subscriber Line, and it gets signal from the copper phone lines. I live in greater toronto and dont have fiber coming to my house but I have copper and can get speeds of 100 mega bits per second over a copper connection, how is this poor? thats a piss poor example u gave

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-03-12, 10:47 AM
What does cell coverage have to do with a wired Internet connection? Also, with ADSL, upload is usually a fraction of download, so I don't understand how you'll get 10 Mb up. 1 Mb is more like it. However, should you get a decent Internet connection, you may be able to WiFi calling, if your phone supports it. This will give you a good, solid connection for your cell phone.

I haven't lost my mind. It's around here...somewhere...
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 2018-03-12, 11:25 AM
Now they claim I get up to 15mbps download speed and up to 10mbps. All depends on your distance from the fibre box (FTTN) or central office. And yes, service is likely to be a max of 15/1. I'm on FTTN and get 25/10.
Go for it.

Former Rogers VIP, now Bell Fibe, Sony KDL40W3000, BDPS350, Philips Streamium NP2500 (2). DS209 NAS, Playbook

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.