Found this app in the iTunes AppStore recently released by Bell Canada:
Within the application information it states:
Install and manage your Wi-Fi pods with the Bell Wi-Fi app.
*** Note: the Bell Wi-Fi app is currently only available to Ontario and Quebec clients who subscribe to Bell Fibe Internet with Wi-Fi pods (Bell Whole Home Wi-Fi)***
Bell Whole Home Wi-Fi brings high performing Wi-Fi to every corner of your home by placing access points (we call them pods) in key areas, so every room and device gets a fast and strong connection.
Our Home Hub and smart pods work together to optimize your Wi-Fi network by adapting to your home’s unique characteristics in real time. They do all the work so all you have to do is enjoy the best Wi-Fi throughout all of your home, all the time.
Wi-Fi app features:
- View your home network and signal strength for all devices connected to it
- Block select devices from using the Internet for set periods of time
- Easily update and manage your network name and password
- Send your network name and password to guests by email or text message
- Available to Bell Whole Home Wi-Fi clients in Ontario and Quebec.
- Available on unmodified iOS operating system, versions 9.0 or newer."
Has anyone heard additional information on this? Tried looking on their website, but wasn't successful.
EDIT by Dr.Dave - please see post 16 for the official announcement and press release.