Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Gigabit wifi speeds with Home Hub 3000

26K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ExDilbert 
#1 ·
I have Bell Fibe gigabit internet scheduled for installation later this week. Wondering what kind of wifi speeds I can expect with the Home Hub 3000 modem. I can get around 400 down with Rogers Gigabit Internet and Bell promises the fastest wifi speeds in Canada so I'm assuming it will be higher. I know wifi speeds can vary depending on different factors but what are people's optimum wifi speed test experiences? Thanks.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got mine installed last Wednesday. You really need to be wired to benefit from the full speed. On my desktop computer, wired on an Intel Gigabit CT1000, I get around 890 down /120 up. On WIFI on my laptop with an Intel AC7260 WIFI card, I get around 60/60 on 2.4ghz and 130/120 on 5GHZ from the Home Hub 3000. I don't think you can expect more from the WIFI, it depends on so much factors...

Hope this helps you :)

#6 ·
We just had the HH3000 installed. My wife sent me the result of a speedtest. I said not bad for direct connection...she said it's wifi. My jaw dropped. I'd show you the picture but I don't have it sitting on a server. We got 1.10 Gbps download speed and 731.64 Mbps upload speed.

#7 ·
^^^^
You can provide just the link. You don't need the image. Here's a link to my recent results on Rogers, with a 75/10 plan. Also, that Gb seems high, even for 802.11ac. Also, the maximum 1.3 Gb for 802.11ac is raw bandwidth only. In practice usable bandwidth is significantly less.

#8 ·
Actual throughput for a single channel typically is about 1/2 the connection speed. Dual band and triple band devices that are capable of simultaneous connections can exceed the throughput of a single AC channel. I'm not aware of any small devices that can do this but another router or a high end wifi PC card could.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.