Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell Fibe 25/15 downloading at 1 MB

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  elyk 
#1 ·
Hello

Lately my internet download speed has been terrible. Last night I was getting 1MB. I only had one tv on at the time.
Could this be my modem? Would a booster help? I have a Home Hub 2000. In the years that I have had Fibe I have replaced 2 modems and several boxes. Their equipment seems to be very shoddy.

If it is still slow tonight I'll try rebooting the modem and calling them. I hate calling them when they go through everything I have already done again and then say they are sending someone out after an hour on the phone.

Don

#2 ·
Are you using a wired or WiFi connection? If WiFi, connect the computer directly to the modem with an ethernet cable to check your speed. WiFi speeds are affected by lots of devices in homes and apartments like Microwave ovens, baby monitors, phones, etc. A reboot may also help.

#3 ·
I was on wireless so I have tried it on my connected pc. If I block all traffic during the test I get 19. Shouldn't it be 25? If I don't block all and have one tv on I got 7. Quite the drop.

Don

#5 ·
Man I hate Bell. Turns out when I upgraded to Fibe 25 (2 years ago!!!) they billed me but never changed my speed. The guy changed it to 25 and rebooted me. This ended my call since I have VOIP. I always forget that. After the reboot nothing worked. I called back and they couldn't fix it. I have a techie coming in today. What a joke.

Don

#7 ·
So I came home at lunch time for the tech and waited all afternoon and no one showed. I called and they said the request hadn't gone through correctly so no one was coming. They rebooked for the next morning. He came and said the wires in the box on the street were the issue. They were shot and couldn't handle the speed. He got me up and running but had to call the cable people to fix the cables. They came the next day and fixed it and upped the speed. I called for a credit and got nowhere with someone who's first language was not English. Got an $11 credit for 2 days. Got nowhere on the speed issue. Don't think she understood what I was saying and it would be hard to prove I guess.
When the tech failed to show up I asked for a supervisor and insisted someone come right away. He said no and I said well maybe Rogers could send someone. He basically said Go ahead we don't care.

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.