Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

How to connect my Home cable and the outside box of Bell Canada?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  chrbar 
#1 ·
Hello,

I did some renovation at home, and I had to uninstall the Bell outside box which was fixed on my house wall.
Now I'd like to reinstall it but I don't know how! :(

I've the Bell Fiber which provides to me phone, Internet and TV services.
The outside box contains a Bell black cable (from the street), which has many colors cables inside (see this picture).
Only two cables, the blue and the blue/white are plugged, others cables look as not used!

My home phone cable is the usual one, with four color cables: red, green, black and yellow
I've tried by connecting my red with the blue, and my green with the blue/white, or vice versa, but there is no phone signal!

Could you help me and tell me which cables have to be used and connected together?

Thanks a lot :)
Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
The White/Blue coming from the street is your pair, all you need to do is work out which of the 4 lines go to which.

Try Red/Green to Blue/White, then Red/Black to Blue/White, then Red/Yellow to Blue/White.

After that use the others in sequence, listening for Dial Tone all the time, assuming you have Dial Tone at that point on a FTTH circuit.

#4 ·
Hello!
Thanks for your help.

I've checked the Bell cable voltage and the line is dead!
A Bell guy is going to fix the outside part.

Then, I'd like to check with you my Home cable.
I've connected my Home cable (RJ45) between Bell box (picture #1) and my Home box (picture #2).

The Bell cable pair used is blue/white and blue.
I've connected these cables with a pair of my Home cable: blue/white on the white, and blue on the blue.
Inside home, I've connected the white on the red, and blue on the green.
Does it sound good?

Thanks,
Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.