Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

DHCP server intermittent on Bell Modem

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Fern Turpin 
#1 ·
Hi All, looking for some major help. My home network has worked perfectly for the past 2 years with NO change in hardware. This weekend that all changed.
I have a large home network with the following equipment.
• Bell High Speed DSL FIBE Internet modem/router
• HP Procurve Switch
• Apple Express WIFI router (Set to Bridge mode)
• Plex server
• 2 MACs
• Smart TV (Samsung)
• Xbox
• SlingBox

As of this weekend, the WIRED devices were not able to access the internet. Upon closer troubleshooting it was noticed that the devices were NOT receiving an IP address from the DHCP server.
To isolate the issue, I Removed and Powered down the HP switch, I Removed and powered down Apple Wifi router. I Plugged the TV, 2 MACs and Xbox into Bell Router. Still no access to the internet (Or IP address being served).

A soft Reboot of the Bell modem was done. No effect.

A Hard reboot/reset was done to the Bell Modem. The MAC was able to get an IP address, the TV was able to get an address, but the XBOX was not.

I unplugged the XBOX and plugged in the Apple Express WIFI router. The Apple Express router was able to get an address, but did NOT get a DNS address (this had to be added manually). The apple wireless devices (4 out of 6) were NOT able to get an IP address and had to be statically assigned.

Spoke with Bell tech support and of course, they don’t support any devices other than PCs or MAC so they said it was not their issue.

Any thoughts?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.