Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Speed Increase?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  colinpeddle 
#1 ·
Has Bell increased their internet speed?The reason I ask is I'm paying for 50/10. I was actually getting 53/10. but now since yesterday its jump up to 65/10? I don't have FTTH only FTTN, so I'm not sure why? Can Hot Humid weather have an effect on the phone line as its been hot and humdd the last two days here in Ottawa?

#2 · (Edited)
Here in Toronto area we have experienced high temperatures lately but I have not noticed any jump in Internet speed. I have 25/10 package and my speed runs enywhere between 20 and 28 Mbs. But what I have noticed lately that my speed drops significantly on the weekends, sometimes below 5Mbs. I had that problem when I had cable internet and was told by Bell that their speed never goes down.

I am curious if other customers notice bell fibe speed going down on weekends. If this problem is related only to my connection then I should be calling Bell soon to resolve this issue.

#3 ·
I haven't noticed any decrease on the weekends. All I've noticed is that my speed has gone up about 10-15 MBPS, whether, the hot humid weather has anything to do with that, I can't answer as I'm not that knowledge able in this type of area.

Now grant you I'm in Ottawa, so it might be different then Toronto, but again I'm not sure I'm not that technical when it comes to computers and internet that kind of stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.