I think the bell usage display is broken! - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-11, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

I think the bell usage display is broken!

Because am way lower than I should be at this time of my monthly cycle. Either it broken now or it was always broken and they fixed it but something weird!
Update I just chatted with an helpful rep who might just have been an automaton.
Quote:
System Welcome Redacted
System Connecting to server. Please wait...
System Connection with server established. Please wait...
System Deva (SCI) has joined this session!
System Connected with Deva (SCI)
Deva (SCI) Hi Redacted, welcome to Bell Internet Services, my name is Deva (SCI). By looking at the option you have selected, I see that you have questions regarding your account, how may I assist you with this?
You Yes I like to know if the usage display for the internet is broken?
Deva (SCI) I understand that you are facing issue in usage. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will check and help you with that.
Deva (SCI) In order to ensure I have the correct account in front of me, may I have your complete address along with postal code for security purpose?
You Redacted
Deva (SCI) Thank you for the information provided.
You My usage cannot be this low at this time of the month plus I can swear I was at 40 the last time I checked.
Deva (SCI) Let me check with this.
Deva (SCI) This is your Internet usage details for the period of 20th April,2011 to till date.
Deva (SCI) Internet Service Quebec DSL Performance
Usage Included with Plan 60.00 GB
Additional Usage Allowance 40.00 GB
Total Usage Allowance 100.00 GB
Total Internet Usage this Period 30.04 GB
Internet Usage Above Plan 0.00 GB
Billing rate for additional Internet usage $2.50/GB(max $60.00)
Internet Usage Charges $0.00
You Like I said too low
You I want a confirmation that nothing is broken before I go nuts with that windfall.
Deva (SCI) Sure .
Deva (SCI) I'm really sorry to say that the Internet bandwidth tools are having technical difficulties..
Deva (SCI) Our technicians are working hard to resolve this issue. You'll resume this service as soon as they fix it.
You Well that helpful when can we expect more accurate result?....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-12, 08:51 AM
Member #1

Quote:
Deva (SCI) I'm really sorry to say that the Internet bandwidth tools are having technical difficulties..
Deva (SCI) Our technicians are working hard to resolve this issue. You'll resume this service as soon as they fix it.
If true, then it continues to show that Bell is still incapable of monitoring bandwidth usage.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-12, 11:29 AM

And to that, Bell claims the problem only affected a small percentage of users, which is pure crap. It's only a small percentage of users that noticed and complained. The rest are clueless.

I'm willing to bet the "problem" affects their entire user base which is why the tool is completely shut down. It's been "broken" for months now.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-12, 01:03 PM

I noticed the same thing on my counter ... the usage reported is lower than what is actually used.

I'm just taking a wild guess and would have to test to make sure ... but it looks like my data while using Netflix is not being counted.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-12, 03:57 PM

Hm, I was looking at mine the other day and I remember being surprised how low the number was. I normally consume between 150 and 250 a month, and I was sitting around 60 with just a few days to go in my billing period. Thought maybe I just hadn't watched as many movies and shows as I thought I did. This makes sense now.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-13, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Turn out I was at 70 not 30 good thing I did not go nuts with what I could have believed was free cap.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-14, 12:27 AM

Did they send you anything in written or did they simply update it properly on the counter page without notifying you?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-14, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusX View Post
Did they send you anything in written or did they simply update it properly on the counter page without notifying you?
They did sent me a thank you note that did not cover anything but generalities. I had to check by myself.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-15, 10:31 AM

So that basically means anyone could be monitoring their own usage and bell can "correct" it whenever they wish ... nice.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-05-16, 08:49 AM
Member #1

Exactly GusX.

Its why I firmly believe Measurement Canada must get involved.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-06-04, 01:30 PM

Yesterday, and the day before we watched several hours of Netflix (some of it HD) ... yet the usage is still way below what its supposed to be. 112mb yesterday and 208mb the day before.

Seems strange to complain since its actually in my favor, but I can imagine this happening to others but Bell claiming overusage.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 2011-12-04, 10:54 PM

Bell Internet usage traker not working

Every time I try and log in and check my useage I get this message

We are addressing a technical problem

Your Internet usage details are temporarily unavailable. Efforts are under way to diagnose and solve the issue, and we will restore full service as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Its been almost 2 weeks and still not fixed. Are other people having this issue as well. Is my internet usage still being tracked do I have to worry about going over my monthly limit.

Last edited by 57; 2011-12-04 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 2012-01-30, 08:01 PM
Rookie

Exclamation Bandwidth Usage tracking is incorrect

My monthly bandwidth limit is 165 GB and I make sure I never exceed that limit as I track my usage almost everyday. I use the internet only for browsing when I reach 160GB.
So, I have seen that I only had 10GB left for the week and haven't been using the internet at all for downloading stuff and everything is good for a few days with a usage under 1GB per day.

Suddenly, this Saturday and Sunday I see a usage of about 25GB on each day, totalling almost 50GB.
I called Bell and the agent kept blaming me saying I used it and their tracking system is absolutely PERFECT.

I told her that I would know when I download something and I track my usage almost everyday. She didn't believe me and all she did was escalate the issue for someone to investigate.
I changed the SSID and password for now.
I also consulted an IT person and he said that its possible for someone to be using my IP for IP spoofing.

I am 100% sure that the 50GB it recorded is not something I downloaded and I don't want to pay for this bandwidth.
I have never exceeded 200GB usage in my life. I am shocked to see the number. I confirmed with my family and no one used the internet that much on those two days.
I was thinking of asking them to send me a report of the usage details for those two days such as where the data was downloaded from and what time and device...but I don't think they care.

How can I prove that it really wasn't me?
If it really is some hacker IP spoofing using my IP Address, would it really affect my bandwidth usage and can I request Bell to change my IP to stop this?

I told the agent I don't deny that I am heavy internet user and I don't deny the fact when I used over 50GB in one day in the past and I didn't call them back then to complain about anything. I didn't even have friends at my house in these two days. There is no way for that Bandwidth to be consumed as shown in the usage tracker below (data shows, download, upload and total).

I am using the Sagemcom Connection Hub from Bell, although I do not have a Fibe TV.
Any help, suggestion or info is highly appreciated ... Thanks!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 2012-01-31, 01:06 AM
Rookie

Can I request Bell to change my IP.
Is this a complicated process where they ask me 100 question and would refuse to do it at the end anyway

Last edited by annayya; 2012-01-31 at 11:23 AM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 2012-01-31, 08:24 AM
Veteran

Bell won't change your ISP, you change your ISP. Just call Bell and tell them to cancel your service. They'll probably transfer you to the retentions department and when they ask why, tell them why.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.