Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Home Hub 3000 - Cannot maintain Atlantic Time Zone

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  wmjfoley85 
#1 ·
I can set our Home Hub 3000 to Atlantic Time Zone (and save the setting) but it always later reverts back to Eastern Time Zone.

In consequence the digital clock display on our phone lines is almost always one hour behind. Not the end of the world, but still annoying.

We're running firmware SG48221010 on the HH3000.

Any ideas?

Thanks

#4 ·
I noticed this on my HH3000 as well.
Firmware SG48210424.

I have a backup battery and the time is lost when AC power and battery backup are both removed.

I can't remember if it also resets if the battery remains active... Though no other settings appear to be affected.
As stated, it causes Caller ID date and time to be affected.

I reported this to Bell as a courtesy so they could log it, but I think we all know they couldn't care less what any of their paying customers say about anything.

#5 ·
I also have 48221010 on my HH3K but hadn't really noticed the timezone as my phone line is not connected through that device.
I just logged into the GUI and noticed that it was set to Eastern so changed it to Atlantic and hit submit. After clocking for a few minutes... nadda. I reloaded the page and it's back to Eastern so I'll poke around and see what I can find.

#8 ·
Can confirm this issue still exists in Firmware SG48221010

Rebooting the Hub (even with backup battery installed and working) causes most of the settings on the Modem Preferences page to revert to defaults, including Password Recovery options, Time Zone, LED Brightness.

No other settings appear to be affected.

#10 ·
I was told by Bell Aliant today to go to modem preferences when I logged into my modem. I had the same issue. So I did that, found Time Zone scrolled down to Newfoundland Time and selected it, then I put in my email address and a new password on the left side of the screen, Hit save and it’s working so far. I now have the right time showing up on my house phone. I let it slide for a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.