Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Home Hub 3000 - Advanced DMZ Not Working

84K views 67 replies 30 participants last post by  idallen 
#1 ·
I've been trying to get the Advanced DMZ feature working on my Bell Aliant Home Hub 3000. I'm able to get the WAN IP address on the DMZ computer, but nothing is forwarded by the router. If I disable Advanced DMZ and use the standard DMZ, everything works properly, but not with Advanced enabled.

Technical support was not helpful. Does anyone have this working?

#8 ·
I have Advanced DMZ working for over a year now. some times I have to reboot both devices, and then release and renew the IP from my ASUS Router to get it to pick up the Public IP.
but initially in the HH3000 just go to the DMZ section, click on the device you want to use, click on the Advance option down below, then Save.
on the router/pc that is being used do a release/renew and it should have the Public IP.

#9 ·
New HH3000 installed. HH3000 LAN 3 to WAN of my router. Under DMZ, added my router and checked Advanced DMZ box. Advanced DMZ is not working.

The router does not get an external IP from HH3000. The HH3000 saw my router at some point because it gave it a 169.1.1.1 IP. Currently, though, my router is showing as off-line.

#10 ·
The times it goofs up on me, the router just gets a 192.196.2.x IP from the router.
Yesterday morning I woke up and had no internet access, I had to Reboot the HH3000 and let it come all the way up, then reboot the router and had internet access with ADMZ working again.

** I only have Internet working, I don't have TV service, If you have TV service you might need to have the STBs connected to the HH3000 and not use VLAN options in router.
I just use "DHCP automatic" in my ASUS router, I previously had VLAN used with old setup before HH3000

#15 ·
I have a buddy that thought this was the MOST IMPORTANT thing to have setup for his PS4 to play GT:Sport, I finagled it to work on his R3000h(he was installed just before the HH3000 was released in his area), he had been running standard DMZ(NAT 2) fine for years, as soon as we switched to ADMZ, he lost the ability to play, whatever was going on, it didn't work right. Switched back to standard DMZ hosting, and all was good. Games like this are designed to work fine without any special DMZ configuration, otherwise 99.9999999999% of home users wouldn't be able to play or get things working on their own. These games would NEVER be designed to accept direct incoming connections, they all rely on central servers to manage this.

#22 ·
With the latest firmware (SG48221028) I still have the same experience, the public IP is given to the DMZ device, but nothing actually reaches the DMZ from outside. I can't load a webpage, for example. When you say it's working, are you able to access your DMZ device from outside?

#23 ·
I'm having the exact same problem here.

1. Read about Advanced DMZ and thought I had finally found the solution to my problems with the HH3000. Enabled it, nothing. My 3rd party router kept the private 192 address even after releasing, renewing and rebooting (it's an Airport Extreme, latest model).

2. Saw this thread, realized I was on an older firmware and rebooted the HH3000 to try and get the new one pushed to me. That didn't work so I did a factory reset of the HH3000. That also didn't work, and broke TV service so I called Bell. When they were trying to resolve the issue I requested an upgrade to the latest firmware, which they did. Now it's on FW version SG48221028.

3. Tried Advanced DMZ again. This time the router was able to grab a public IP, but I got the same issue as MerceanCoconut. Nothing works, nothing is accessible. Flip back to regular DMZ and once it grabs the private IP again, everything works. Tried multiple reboots and resets, as well as an additional factory reset with the new firmware. No luck.

Not sure where to go from here. I have a technician coming to try and fix the TV service issue. I was going to ask for a new device, hopefully I get someone knowledgeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.