Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Will Bell Aliant ever re-brand to Bell?

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  CodyG102 
#1 ·
First of all the Parent Company of Bell Aliant is BCE ! With Bell Aliant selling Bell Cell Phones, Fiber OP being rebranded as Fibe, the introduction of Bell Fibe TV On Demand Channels on Fibe TV, Crave TV now on Fibe TV. Bell Fibe TV "Trending Now" is now on Fibe TV and the introduction of Bell home phone features such as "Call Screening" in NS for now do you think Bell Aliant's fate is to eventually be folded into the Bell name?

#7 ·
I live in Ontario so I was not really knowledgeable about Bell Aliant untill I watched time shifting programs from the east coast and noticed the Bell commercials look just like the ones here except hey say BellAliant in them, which was very intriguing to me. After seeing these commercials I was curious to know why they were called Bell Aliant and not Bell Canada, so after some research it made sense to me. Then the next thing I heard a few months later was that BCE aquired 100% of the shares of BA.TO, So essentially its basically all Bell now, and the Aliant part is just there because of history. I'm neutral on the situation but it does make proper business sense to me for a company to consolidate and re-brand everything as one brand and remove duplication and redundancy. It sucks because it might impact some jobs and departments, trust me, I've been through that in my past when a company I worked for was acquired by another company and they wanted to remove redundancy, I was one of the first departments to be let go. It sucks but that's the way business operates.

#8 ·
#9 ·
can3gxw got the chronology right.

Paolo, the cuts are already done, they've "slashed-and-burned" their way through every department and, because they've lost so many knowledgeable and experienced staff in the process, "the right-hand doesn't know what the left is doing" most of the time - and the service clearly reflects it. "Support" has been off-shored and become beyond useless and the techs on the ground are pretty much stretched to the breaking point (those that are left anyway).

The biggest issue is they have a virtual monopoly in many parts of the region (outside population centres in particular) so they can basically do as they please, screw their customers sideways, and we're forced to "suck it up" because there's no alternative. :(

#12 ·
I was driving when I met that particular one on the road, so a pic wasn't an option at the time.

If I happen to see one standing still, I'll snap one and post it. I'll have to keep an eye on the many "Timmies" parking lots as they seem to congregate there - they must have a lot of phone line issues... ;) :D

#15 ·
@greenshadow I never thought to check my rear-view for a plate; I just thought "Oh-oh! It's finally happening!... " ;)

@AtlanticRebel I met this vehicle at highway speed (80k/hr on 200 series road) so I only caught a glimpse - enough to see the large "Bell" logo across the drivers door. I honestly didn't see any other markings though - not even the ubiquitous 'Fibe' billboards that are on almost all of BellAliants service vehicle fleet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.