Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

disable IPTV signal?

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BlackKnight 
#1 ·
Is there any way to disable the IPTV signal coming from my Actiontek R3000? I don't have tv, and even if I did, I would hard wire it anyways. I just want it gone from my wifi signals...

#6 ·
I have the R3000 as well.. I just checked this out to see what BlackKnight was talking about. It appears to be an automatically created SSID that you can't change or disable. It's only created if you have the 5Ghz service turned on. It gets a '1' and '-IPTV' added to the default SSID. Ex: If the default one is FibreOPxxx-5, you'll also have FibreOP1xxx-5-IPTV.

So, it looks to me like if you want rid of it, turn off the 5G radio. Otherwise, you'll have to ignore it, or disable the 3000's WiFi entirely, and use your own WiFi AP hardware.

#7 ·
Thanks for the reply and info guys. I guess it stays there, though I personally don't like seeing another signal there, muddying up my bandwidth. (yeah, I know, it's probably on another channel, not interfering with anything, but still, the OCD side of me says 'fix it')

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.