Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell Aliant 4K TV discussion

Tags
4k tv
47K views 174 replies 32 participants last post by  Danster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#8 ·
I'm in NB and just ordered the 4K PVR. Called, asked for 4K PVR. They said no problem, be here in 3 days. Old HD PVR was 4.99/mo, new 4K is 5.99/mo. Just $1 more, lol. No other subscription required. Just a 1 time set up fee. Can't wait. When I was watching hockey this weekend and they said "If you have your 4K tv AND 4K receiver, you're watching this NHL game in 4K"...I slapped myself. Dang forgot about the box haha. Seems very reasonable to me just a buck more per month.

#10 ·
I sent an email through the BA Contact us page asking about 4K and this is what I got:

Good afternoon

Thank you for contacting Bell Aliant. 4K TV has not yet been made available for Bell Aliant FibreOP TV. However we do hope to be able to launch it early this year on our network. Announcement will be made once it is available.

Thank you for choosing Bell Aliant,

Already we have conficting stories about availability. :eek:

#11 ·
Ignore my previous post about them sending me a 4K box. They ended up sending me just an old HD PVR (VIP2262). It is now obvious the 4 different people I spoke to had 0 clue what the heck I was talking about. I just called them back and asked "first off do you know what 4k is"? She said "is that a new kind of HD"? Bingo, at least she knows it's not normal HD. She dug up a memo that said early 2016 Bell ALIANT will have more info on the release of a 4K box, and it also said Atlantic customers should not confuse i fo coming out of Bell sites cause that's for Ontario etc. She confirmed this is the latest news and they have 0 idea what is coming or when, and I can bring this old recycled HD box back in....Does ROGERS have a 4K box available in Atlantic yet? 4K content has started, there was an NHL game last weekend. I hate waiting...

#13 ·
Rogers Ontario runs on the Cisco platform and Rogers Atlantic runs on the Motorola cable platform. They are totally incompatible and I think 4k for Rogers Atlantic will be a long wait.

The press release in post 1 says that the initial launch of 4k is only in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City. It will be available for purchase or rental in Atlantic Canada in late February.

#19 ·
Here are the links:
4K FibreOP TV - Bell Aliant

PVR Receivers and Equipment - Bell Aliant

4K Whole Home PVR

• Record up to 150 hours in 4K (or 320 hours in HD)
  • Set and watch recorded shows in HD as well as pause and rewind live programming, on up to 10 TVs
  • Start watching a recorded show in one room, pause it and resume watching in another
  • Subscription to Whole Home PVR and HD required
The new Bluetooth remote allows you to control your TV service without having direct line of sight with the 4K Whole Home PVR.

Sports in 4K
Watch games from the Toronto Raptors, the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Ottawa Senators. Starting this April, catch Blue Jays home games in stunning 4K.
View available content

Movies in 4K
Select movies will soon be available on demand, including the ten-time Academy Award-nominated movie American Hustle.
View available content

Shows in 4K
The Discovery Channel now brings you On Demand shows that draw you into a vibrant viewing experience.
View available content

#22 ·
So just got 4K installed and ready to go. Thus far there's not much to utilize 4K. The free on demand content looks like regular HD, even though I'm going into Discovery Collection 4K. It only gives me two options, play and play HD. Both look identical Shouldn't there be a Play 4K? Perhaps they don't have it setup yet. Anyways, there's a hockey game at 8:30 in 4K. I'll let you all know that looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.