BELL Aliant TV 2016/2017 programming packages and pricing discussion - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 76 (permalink) Old 2016-08-24, 06:05 PM
Veteran

Any word on Sundance & Nickelodeon?

It's fun being weird It's fun being weird It's fun being weird You should try it sometime. The Detour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 76 (permalink) Old 2016-08-24, 06:44 PM

When it comes to Fibe TV (IPTV) you have to have internet to watch. It is possible to order just TV, but you have to get Bell TV for that. Question, can Bell TV, home phone, and Fibe Internet be bundled together with BA? Just curious.
post #63 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-04-05, 08:35 AM

another year and another price increase

Bell is leading Canada’s broadband communications revolution with investments of more than $3.5 billion each year in network infrastructure. These investments enable us to keep providing exceptional new features, fast and reliable Internet, and world-class entertainment. To support these innovations, we’ll be adjusting some of our monthly rates as of the start of your next billing period after May 24, 2017.* As a result, your Bell Aliant bundle will increase by $6 a month.

Bell Aliant

post #64 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-04-05, 10:31 AM

Unfortunately, annual rate increases are a way of life with most providers. I played around with the URL and found a more comprehensive list of rate changes.
Bell Aliant

3-service bundle +$6/mo.
2-service bundle +$6/mo.
Single service Home phone bundle +$3/mo.
Single service Digital Advantage TV package +$3/mo.
Single service Internet +$3/mo.
WWE Network +$1/mo.
Vivid TV +$5.25/mo.
post #65 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-04-05, 09:15 PM

If you were promise 3 years same price call this number 1-877-322-6447 they gave me a 6$ discount good luck.
post #66 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-06-08, 08:06 PM

Earlier today I had an interesting conservation with Bell Aliant customer service. They are effectively overcharging customers that are subscribing to the "old" FibreOP/Fibe bundles. Those bundles didn't include The Movie Channel (as in: charged separately) and didn't include the fast 300/100 Internet. At least since November 2016, according to one CSR, they offer the "new" bundle where both services are included in the price and this bundle is considerably cheaper.

Does anyone know when this change actually happened?

If you signed up for the older "best" bundle you are currently paying $196.95 plus $21 for the Movie Package and if you opted for 300/100 internet an extra $5 = $222.95 while the new bundle has all of this for $207.95 regular price, which means you are paying an extra $15 per month ($10/month if you didn't upgrade your Internet speed)... for the exact same service.

I know plans often get 'grandfathered in' but in that case it is ALWAYS in favour of the customer. In this case it's the other way around.

Anyone else notice this/ran into this? I just happened to want to change a themepack and saw a way-lower "new price" compared to the "existing price".
post #67 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-06-12, 03:55 PM

Can't edit my previous post so here's the an update:

Just got off the phone with Bell Aliant Loyalty since Customer Service never bothered to call me back. They were in agreement and credited me the months I overpaid. Here are the facts:

- The best bundle changed in July 2016 (a year ago) to include TMN and Faster Internet (for currently 207.95 total)
- If you signed up before July 2016 and made no changes, you may be paying more for the same services (e.g. 196.95 Bundle + 21 TMN = 217.95) every month
- Bell Aliant is fully aware of it but DOES NOT HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS and can grandfather you into a disadvantageous plan
- The only way to get this lower price "normally" is if you happen to make a change to your services

Check your bill and if you are in this boat, call in immediately and get the difference refunded. You might want to let friends and family you think have an old Best Bundle know as well.
post #68 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-07-24, 01:48 PM

In case anybody has it, the Best bundle now includes Gig speeds, if you are paying extra for this upgrade, make sure to check that you are no longer paying extra, and if you are not paying, check that you are getting the new speeds.
post #69 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-07-25, 08:36 AM

thanks Atlanticrebel, talked to their social media person and they booked a tech to come and swap out my modem and my pvr to the 4k one for free. you can do the modem upgrade online for free but the pvr is 50$ the homehub apparently does not come with a battery you need to purchase one for 30$ or you wont have access to 911 service. but it does allow you to stay connected to the internet for 4hrs so if you have power brownouts it maybe worth it other than that who doesn't have a cell phone.
post #70 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-09-29, 01:37 PM

I'm currently with Bell with a full Bundle. The cost has been creeping up. i'm at $196 tax (includes about $5-6 LD) in with 3 free themes and a $25 loyalty credit for their middle tier package. i posted on the eastlink site a flyer deal they have been offering in my neighbourhood. lock in prices for 2 years with a 2 yr commitment for their middle tier bundle for $150 tx in.

I'm curious if other Bell customers have been able to get the middle tier in that price range ?
post #71 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-09-30, 02:07 PM

If you look at the retentions thread, there are quite a few who have gotten $150'ish deals and receive a lot for it. They are usually post-cancellation call deals however.
post #72 of 76 (permalink) Old 2017-09-30, 05:53 PM
Veteran

Yeah, your best bet is to actually cancel and call Eastlink to sign up. That's when Aliant takes you seriously.

If you don't want to go through with that, you can get a smaller discount by calling them and cancelling.
post #73 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-01-11, 07:07 AM

post #74 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-01-12, 08:45 AM
Veteran

These constant increases at triple or quadruple the inflation rate are getting old real fast.
RedGreen likes this.
post #75 of 76 (permalink) Old 2018-01-13, 09:25 PM

@ Tridus to say the least and to top it off not even a year between them last year it was June/July or so they tried to screw me with the increase the year before was September or so before that something like December. When I saw it in my bill I thought good when it happens I will go through with the foolishness of doing the cancel switch routine to get the best deal as my loyalty bonus seems to have been reduced from $50 to $42 on my latest renewal that started this month. Thieving scumbags that they are.
Tridus likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.