Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell Fibreop Apps

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Tridus 
#1 ·
Hi. I have been trying to get into the Fibreop apps, particularly the weather app. There is an error message of a page loading error. It's been nearly 2 days. Just wanted to know if other users are having the same issue or is it just me? Thanks

#2 ·
I'm not in FibreOP territory, but I can offer a few ideas.

Did the apps work before or are you trying them for the first time? A third-party router will often interfere with these apps.

You could try a full reset - Unplug the power on all your Bell devices and plug them in, one at a time in this order: modem/router, PVR, wireless (if you have one), other STBs.

#3 ·
Just tried it, it loads up fine. Although the app doesn't strike me as very good..can't even get out of the "Select your city" selection box.

I'd guess your receiver isn't getting access to the internet... as Dr.Dave said, maybe due to a custom router/switch configuration of some sort.

#4 ·
Also one thing I noticed about the weather app, if you are on the new HD channel version of it, it will revert back to SD version. Really not as clear.

#7 ·
Netflix app

Netflix - Support - Bell Aliant.

Go to channel 333 (SD) or 566 (HD) or use the APPS button to launch the Netflix app. You can sign in with your existing Netflix account or sign up for a new Netflix account through the app, if you don't have one.

You can press the down arrow while a show is playing to choose audio/subtitles.

Setting language preference, parental controls and video quality is done from a computer and applies to all devices.

Telus has had this feature since February. The experience there is that the menus may be a bit slower than a dedicated device like a Chromecast, but you don't have to buy additional devices for every TV. The menu speed may depend on whether you have an older or new box. The Mediaroom app was written by Netflix, so the look and feel should be similar to their other platforms. If you require support, it would probably be better to contact Netflix directly, rather than go through Bell.

Telus users have also reported that all audio is stereo, rather than 5.1, but I don't know if this is still a problem.

If you have internet with someone other than Bell, the app probably won't work.

#12 ·
No 5.1 audio option that I can see, will look closer tomorrow but it seems only stereo at the moment. Will check on a few other devices to confirm. Interface is slow on all boxes (sliver and black) maybe a little faster on the black ones but still not as fast as a PS3 or Nexus Player

#13 ·
I just logged into the app and looks similar to the app on the playstaion and XBOX but is slower as others have said. maybe a little warning though, if you sign in with your netflix account on one receiver it will use that account for all receivers. so if everyone in your household uses separate netflix accounts (not profiles) you will have to keep logging in and out all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.