Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BELL Aliant TV 2015 programming packages and pricing discussion

30K views 91 replies 40 participants last post by  Boodaddy 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Then it's all your fault. No wait, not you. Your parents!. I'm sure they could have waited one more night before doing "the thing" and you would have been born later! :eek:

Seriously though, wonder how many surprises like this will happen this year?

#5 ·
This is what I got on my last bill (Better Bundle in NB)

Effective the first bill after March 3, 2015, your rate will increase by $4 per month plus taxes.
If you are currently receiving a new customer promotional offer, you will remain price protected
until the promotional term ends*. At the end of your promotional term you will move to regular
in-market pricing, which will include this increase.

*Only customers who are on their initial new customer promotional credit will not be subject to this increase.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
March 3, 2015 - FibreOP price increase?

Saw this on the Halifax Reddit today:

Bill date December 31, 2014

Dear valued customer, At Bell Aliant, we are committed to providing our customers with the best in communication products and services. Our leading edge fibre optic network is now available to over one million homes and businesses in Atlantic Canada. We deliver superior products and services such as the fastest Internet with no usage caps or fees, fully-loaded home phone with unlimited calling features, and ongoing enhancements to our TV service including a new easier-to-use On Demand guide and more content, GO Apps, freeviews, and 21 new HD channels. In order to maintain our network as well as provide the reliable products and services our customers expect, it is necessary to adjust our rates to cover rising business costs such as TV programming, Internet usage, pole replacement, gas, vehicles and other costs that are needed to run our business. Effective the first bill after March 3, 2015, your rate will increase by $6.50 per month plus taxes. If you are currently receiving a new customer promotional offer, you will remain price protected until the promotional term ends*. At the end of your promotional term you will move to regular in-market pricing, which will include this increase. We want you to know that although we make every effort to manage our costs, we occasionally must adjust our rates in order to maintain the quality of services you have come to expect from Bell Aliant. If you have any questions about your bundle options, please visit www.bellaliant.net. Thank you for choosing Bell Aliant. Sincerely, Dan McKeen Vice Chair and Senior Vice President, Residential Services, Bell Aliant

All I can say is.. GRRRR.. I guess I should get a cheaper bundle with a locked-in promo price before this price goes up.. $82.50 for 75/30 internet ONLY is way too expensive...

#12 ·
Anybody know is BA is allowing for self-installation now?

I know previously to do anything (ie STB replacement, wireless STB setup, etc) it required a tech to visit your home + a $50 charge, but I see they've put a whole bunch of installation instructional videos up on their Youtube channel...

Just wondering if they're now allowing you to just have the new STB shipped to your home and ship back the old one?

#14 ·
Good one Tridus. :) Well, I will likely schedule a disconnect for the week my pricing ends in 2 years. Then talk turkey w/them and the competition. I would never shell out full price for what you get to any provider. I'd cut the cord first.. Besides, isn't Rogers still doing an overhaul on their network? If so, it will give us a much better alternative than before.

#17 ·
Anyone know if Bell has the FibreOp dudes going around in the winter months? They seem to be able to offer good deals to switch. I've turned them away the few times they have been to my house but now considering switching from Rogers to Bell given my Rogers retention deal is over. I currently have regular Bell Home Phone which, according to Bell's site, means I can't qualify for the 3-month bundle promo prices.

#19 ·
@BradP - you keep referring to "Bell"... do you mean "BellAliant"? They are still (currently, anyway) identified by two specific names and each has their own specific offerings. Where are you located? If you're in Atlantic Canada, the rules of "promo pricing" means signing up for new services in a bundle. If your internet and TV are with someone else, but your home phone is with BellAliant, then you will qualify for any "new customer" promotions if you switch to FibreOp and bundle the phone/tv/internet.

From the website:

- All new residential customers
- Any existing residential customers adding FibreOP internet, FibreOP TV or FibreOP Home Phone to their Bell Aliant service
Call them and ask.

#20 ·
@can3gxw

Sorry, yes it is BellAliant. I called their brochure number and a very nice gentleman offered me a really good deal for a year on the Better Bundle. Rogers offered me a deal on their High 50 (which doesn't seem to exist anymore), keep the TV package I have which is decent, and Deluxe Phone plan for the same price. The FibreOP internet in that bundle blows the Rogers 50 out of the water. Rogers would need to offer me the Hybrid 150 to even come close. So something to think about. Thanks for the clarification though.

#21 ·
FYI Bell Aliant FibreOP demo day at Mic Mac Mall in Dartmouth NS and Halifax Shopping Centre on Saturday February 28. If you bring in the flyer they sent out to their mailing list, you can get Fibreop TV + Fibreop internet+home phone for $109.95 for *one year* (not the standard 3 months). It does not specify if that is the good, better or best bundle.

One day only. You must bring the flyer.

#26 ·
I just got a deal to switch from eastlink to Fiberop. I am offered the better fiberop pack plus 3 themes. The price with tax is $138 and that is with 3 DVR's. And thats locked in for 2 years!!! I am paying $205 right now for eastlink. saving $805 a year is a no brainer to me

#27 ·
Kids Suite On Demand

It looks like one of the benefits of Bell taking over Aliant is that they now carry the Kids Suite On Demand package with over 4500 episodes of kids' shows.

FREE on demand until May 31. After the free preview ends:
  • Kids Suite will be included FREE with a TMN/HBO Canada subscription, or
  • You’ll be able to add Kids Suite to your FibreOP TV subscription for only $3 / mo.
Source: http://www.bellaliant.net/fibreop-tv/channels-packages-theme-packs#title-kids-suite-on-demand

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.