Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Retention offers - What did you get?

70K views 140 replies 56 participants last post by  habskilla 
#1 ·
Aliant has historically been very difficult to get retention offers. But something has changed. I currently have the FibreOp TV/Internet/Phone bundle. Also, I'm not on contract.

Last night in my junk snail mail, I received a bundle offer from Rogers for $99.99 for TV/Internet/Phone. Armed with that offer, I called in and selected option 5 to cancel. Within 5 minutes I was offered my sports theme pack and my three extra receivers free for one year. Over $20 a month savings.

Your mileage may vary...

#131 ·
Nope..nothing extra.

I've trimmed all the fat off the services over the past couple years... HBO pkg, two receivers. Their prices just keep going up and up as my valuation of the TV service goes down and down. I basically don't see any value in the tv service at all now...I don't use it. Which is why I called them to cancel it in the first place.

#132 ·
Currently on Fibe 100 with a $25/month discount. On the BA website for NS, currently advertised as $30 per month discount for new subs. Tried calling / FB messaging to get this deal. They will absolutely not budge on providing the $30 new sub discount to me. I tried multiple times, even spoke to retentions.

I've never been late paying a bill, never been in arrears. Getting pretty sick of Bell's bullshit TBH.

#134 · (Edited)
As I said a page or two back, speaking with them does not good anymore you need to make the appointment to have it switched then they will do something for you. If the Eastlink installer had not been so lazy and knocked on the door in January this year then I would be with them now. But he did not and Bell called later that day to make me an offer. $149.95 is my pretax rate, I get all the phone features, fibre 500 with some theme packs for channels, I forget which ones I never use it and the threw in the movies for free with the second receiver too..

Fibe Bundle $214.95
Simply the World $0.00
Credit Ending January 2022 -$65.00
Total Bundle charges $149.95
Plus HST $22.49

TV STARZ Credit Ending January 2022 -$5.00
TV Crave + Movies + HBO Credit Ending January 2022 -$20.00
TV Receivers (1St Receiver Included) 2 @ $8.00 $8.00
TV Receiver Credit Ending January 2022 -$8.00
Crave + Movies + HBO $20.00
STARZ $5.00
Total Digital TV charges $0.00

Edit: And now I see it lacking they have not tried to scam me for their normal $10 increase in the bill yet at this time.

#138 ·
At the end of July I was going through the second month after the end of my 3 year retention deal and the price was ridiculous. I investigated Rogers and saw that things TV/DVR wise had improved to the point it was quite acceptable. I was willing to give up home phone altogether since we have cell phones. The smaller TV packages covered everything I watch so that helped the cost. The only drawback was the slow upload speeds. So I called Aliant, selected the close account option, and asked what bits and pieces I should return and where to.

After a discussion they offered:
- a free upgrade to GB Best package
- a 3 year credit of $55
- removed my Crave/HBO package since it was included in the Best package
- removed my time shifting package since the 4K dvr can record 6 shows at the same time
- these two covered the difference in price between better and best.

I like Aliant and decided to accept the offer. The install went smoothly. The removed the ONT from my basement, extended the fiber up to the new modem. I now get gig up/down. There have been a lot of complaints about the HH 3000, but so far it does everything I want it to do, and have taken out my WRT modem as the wifi coverage is reasonable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.