Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

How to get Bell internet user id password for PPPoE setup on personal router.

29K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  17671 
#1 ·
Was forced to make the switch to Fibe from FibreOP a few weeks ago. The new home hub router from Fibe is decent, but I was able to bypass the Bell HD/SD stream limitation with my personal router on FibreOP. I wanna test if I can get similar results with Fibe. FibreOP's connection was done through DHCP and MAC address spoofing so it was easy to setup. I read up on the process for Fibe and I just need to find my PPPoE credentials which are my B1XXXXX number and it's password. Problem is I know what my B1XXXXXX number is, but I don't know where to get the password for it. Do I need to call Bell or do I get it on my first bill? I'm just wondering where I can find it. Thanks.

Also I apologize for the terrible formatting. I'm not much of a forum poster, just a browser.

#4 ·
The only password on the back of my modem was the WPA2 Passcode for the SSID, the B1 Password was on the welcome letter that I received from the Installer technician. I know this because he made sure I entered it into the Walled Garden and made sure it was activated and working before I left. I also got a replacement modem a few years later, that modem came with another welcome letter with my same B1 User ID and access password again were on that welcome letter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.