Bell Fibe TV app - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-26, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Bell Fibe TV app

new app for IOS/Android available now. Runs really smoothly. Tried it with my Samsung Note 4 on Lollipop. iWatch compatible too.

EDIT by Dr.Dave:
The Fibe TV app has undergone many enhancements over the last few years. Here are some Bell links for more info on the functionality:

Sales site overview: https://www.bell.ca/Fibe-TV/Fibe-TV-App
Support: What is the Fibe TV app and how do I use it?
Support Articles and Tutorials: Bell Fibe TV Customer Service and Support (Look for "Fibe TV app")
Support FAQ (PDF): http://support.bell.ca/Styles/tv/all...ere-FAQ-EN.pdf

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-12-26 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added Bell Links
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-26, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Access to more than 300 live channels at home, 170 live channels on the go and over 7,000 hours of on-demand content

Bell today launched the Fibe TV app, a revolutionary new way to watch Canada's best television service. Recreating the full Fibe TV experience on any screen, with access to hundreds of live channels at home or on the go, and over 7,000 hours of on-demand programming, the Fibe TV app is available to all Bell Fibe TV customers as a free iOS and Android download starting today.

"The Fibe TV app truly changes the game in television by bringing the full power of the Fibe experience to your mobile devices," said Rizwan Jamal, President of Bell Residential Services. "With more channels than any other app and a feature-rich, easy-to-use interface, the Fibe TV app means watching television just got better."

With the app, Bell Fibe TV customers can watch broadcast or on-demand content on a smartphone or tablet and switch to viewing on their TV set with the tap of a button. The app also doubles as a remote control, providing access to the Fibe TV programming guide and the ability to manage recordings at home or on the go. Other features include integrated Rotten Tomatoes ratings, filters to easily select content, favourite channel setting, parental controls and more.

In addition to smartphones and tablets, Bell customers can use the Fibe TV app on the Apple Watch to control their television, navigating the menu, selecting a channel from the favourites list, or calling up the on-demand store, guide or PVR. Fibe TV customers can also start, pause and record a program, skip back and skip forward, and change channels, all from their Apple Watch.

For more information including a complete list of channels, please visit Bell.ca/FibeTVapp.
Press Release
post #3 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-26, 04:02 PM

Bell should quit wasting time writing apps to watch TV on 5" screens and go about the business of fixing regular Fibe TV. Since the inception of the Restart feature Fibe TV has been nothing short of annoying. They've managed to ruin a very nice service.

post #4 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-26, 06:50 PM

App looks and works fantastic so far on my iPad. Love that I can now watch nearly every channel on it while at home. Just a shame I can't watch my recordings on it while at home.
post #5 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-26, 08:56 PM

Love the new app. Works great on my note 3.. lets me watch all subbed channels even over LTE!
post #6 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-26, 10:43 PM
Rookie

Does anyone have this working using pass through to a Linksys router? (I.e. PPPoE terminated in the Linksys rather than the Sagemcom). The app refuses to pair with the receiver.
post #7 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-27, 12:31 AM
Wdy
Rookie

Short answer OttFibe is yes.

Without knowing the ins and outs of your rig, this is how i got it to work.

On the Bell router, I had to have both the TV side and the Internet side of the modem logged in. My Linksys router is setup to connect PPPoE like I had it with my old slow mow modem.

This is the only way that I could give full functionality to all the Bell things on the Fibe TV and I still have direct connection to the internet.
post #8 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-27, 09:37 AM
Veteran

It is a great app and makes it very easy to access on demand shows using my iPad.
I am just dissapointed that I can not access all my subscribed channels, on demand and recordings when I am away from home.
I thought that if I paired my tablet with my fibe PVR I would have access to all the content just like I can do it with my TiVo PVR.
Hopefully in the near future we will be able to do that.

Last edited by bev fan; 2015-05-27 at 03:23 PM.
post #9 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-28, 10:45 AM
Rookie

The app is very good. Was able to catch some of the hockey game last night when I couldn't be in front the TV. I really hoped to have been able to access AND watch PVR events though. That would be a true game changer.
WIth recent launches of restart and the app....I wish they would introduce a basic feature.....slow motion/frame by frame for us sports enthusiasts.
post #10 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-29, 08:55 AM

you know folks this is all so great and all, but what we are not taking into consideration here is that this will end up costing us an arm and a leg especially if we are out and watch it on our data plan, unless you have alot of data or an unlimited one on your devices we will be seeing a huge phone bill at the end of the month, it eats up a lot of our data plan, this is good if you are at home and can use your wifi but why would i want to watch it on a small phone screen when at home when i can watch it on my big screen tv, i like the app but more or less to record programs if i am away from home, i can just record from the app and when i get home i can watch it on tv. but otherwise i am not going to ditch out anymore money to bell to use an app that will eat up my data plan, its not like we have access to WiFi any where outside...
post #11 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-29, 02:03 PM
Veteran

Question

Exactly. Unlimited will eventually be dropped if streaming becomes the main source of watching TV. Its catch 22 instead of seeing large cable/sat or IPTV bills you'll see large wireless bills.

BTW I don't like the new version of the Fibe Remote/TV app.

It's fun being weird It's fun being weird It's fun being weird You should try it sometime. The Detour
post #12 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-29, 03:16 PM

I have 20 gig per month in my plan. So if I watch one hour of TV with the app, I will be in deep trouble for the whole month! I will walk in front of my TV, it's not that far...
post #13 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-30, 09:52 AM

thats exactly what i am saying, they bring these so called apps that are great and look wonderful but in reality this is just another way of them sucking more money out of us, if you are watching it through WiFi then your ok, but on a data plan we will all be up **** creek, and like i mentioned earlier if i am at home why would i want to sit and watch a small screen when i can watch on my 60 inch High Def. i think we got too used to these new tech things and then at the end of the month we are freaking out when the bill comes in, hahaha i will soon be needing a second job as UPS will not be able to pay me enough to keep up with all the bills, this is crazy. To all of you my fellow posters i wish you all a Great weekend, its nice hot and muggy out there, hahahaha and by the way i am with MCIBUS on this one, i hate the new version of the app....
post #14 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-30, 01:42 PM
Veteran

I think that this app was not created to watch tv but so you can use a phone or tablet as a remote TV control. For this purpose it works very good and it is a lot easier to access on demand content than using regular remote.
In my opinion Bell should allow us to access all of TV recording and programming that we pay for since this app makes tablet paired to fibe receiver.
post #15 of 108 (permalink) Old 2015-05-30, 01:54 PM
Veteran

Question

Except it won't let you watch all the channels you sub to.

It'll let you pull up the guide(IPG) and you can control it thru your smart phone or tablet, yet it will only let you watch certain channels you sub to IE it'll let me watch TSN but not a ethnic channel I sub to on the smart phone or tablet. It gives you 3 options Phone/Tablet,TV,Record. But on certain channels(sub to) it only says TV or record.

It should be noted that the Bell TV APP(Mobility TV) & Fibe TV APP are not the same and are some what different from each other. I'm not sure if Bell Sat has an APP or not?

I'm not sure how the Bell TV APP is set up, but I do know on it I get CFTO instead of CJOH yet I'm in Ottawa and we don't get CFTO on Fibe. And the Bell APP will only let you watch certain channels and not all off them either not sure of exact amount of channels.

It's fun being weird It's fun being weird It's fun being weird You should try it sometime. The Detour

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in