Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fibe TV 2015 programming packages and pricing discussion

22K views 71 replies 28 participants last post by  Dr.Dave 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Has anyone else noticed that their bundle discounts are reduced? I called twice and and the second call got some of the cost refunded. I had a $16 bundle discount. Now it's $13. I was successful in getting back $3 for 6 months ($18). But that is not good enough. Why can't Bell keep the prices that customers signed up for?? What is wrong with them??

#8 ·
My January bill for 3 services (Rogers cable + internet, Teksavvy phone) came in at ~$240. Granted, there were a few movie rentals, but I think it's time to chop that sucker down by about $100, if possible.

If I were a new Fibe customer, what would I be looking at for 3 services? I would need a PVR and two cable boxes for other TVs.

#15 ·
I am trying to clarify the rebate offered by Bell for the 3 services bundle. In the quote I got, it says the rebates are good for 3 months. The rep is telling me that the rebates are good for a year to not care about what is written in the quote. The rep even told me to call her back in 1 year and she will reapply the rebates to the different services in the bundle. I want to know the real cost of these services because I won't really save anything if the rebates go away. Whose right?

Joel.

She is offering :

Internet 50: for 69.95, less 13$ rebate(3 months in quote), plus free modem. = 56.95

Phone: 29.60, plus 6.95 for network fees, less 6.95 rebate. = 29.60

FIBE TV: 15 channel à la carte: 54.95
TMN 15.00
Super Écran 15.00
1 HD PVR rental 15.00
2 HD Terminal rental 14.00
TMN Rebate (2 months) - 15.00
S-É rebate (2 months) -15.00
HD PVR Rebate -15.00
Network fee 3.00

Total per month 71.95

#16 ·
@ simjoe

I would not accept this offer unless it stated there that it is good for 12 months.
When I received my 12 month rebate offer, it was outlined on the offer that promotion is valid for 12 months, so I do not understand why Bell would not put that on your offer.
Here in Ontario we usually get those promotions through retention department and the offer is validated by e-mail.
I would not accept any deals from door to door sales people as I got burned once by accepting their discount that was not approved by Bell, and the only time you find out if their discount is valid is once you receive the first bill.

#18 ·
I've seen a number of Bell offers recently (NOT third party door to door) via the mail that had on certain features on offer for only 3 months, occasionally 6 months. Rarely a year.

This is Ontario, Hamilton area.

Cameron

#19 ·
Yearly offer can only be approved by retention department by direct conversation with a customer.
When I was getting my discount at the Bell store I had to talk to retention as the store could not get me the same promotion as the retention.
Usually Bell would only advertise 3 month promos.

#20 ·
Has anybody been able to get a good deal from bell just for two services, bell Internet and bell fibe TV. My promotion will expire soon and I would like to know if bell offers any good discounts for current customers. I do not need their home phone and really hate paying for service that I do not use.

#22 · (Edited)
Thanks nitra.
I know that with bell it is hit and miss. When I got fibe TV the first time I could not get much discount after the contract expired so I had to cancel.
I like bell fibe tv but I am not willing to overpay for the service especially that my family is not interested in watching traditional TV anymore. I mostly watch news and sometimes sports, the rest is Netflix and Crave TV. If I will not get reasonable offer I may go with bell satellite again especially that I still have some of the hardware.
With the satellite I can get the Select package for about $60 and third party Internet for $50 to $60 and no need to pay for home phone or any rental fees.

#27 ·
Actually Cartoon Network is not included in the Better Package. I just talked to Bell to confirm this. I assumed that it was available in the Better package bacause I can watch it on my Bell app so I thought that CN is now available to Better package customers, but I do not have it on my receivers so I guess that there must be a glitch in the app, not that I am going to complain.

#28 ·
Question About TV Contract & Pick n Pay

Had a shower thought this morning... if I am currently on a two-year contract with Bell Fibe, how will it work when pick & pay comes in at the beginning of January? Able I able to switch to P&P without penalty? Will I have to pay some sort of fee if I do switch? Or do I have to wait until my contract runs out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.