Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Update ready to go, oh wait - CANCELLED

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Lazagna 
#1 ·
Can you believe this? Read it all, it's not in the first sentence...

I've talked to customer loyalty and organized an upgrade from Internet 25, to Internet 50. YAY, scheduled for two weeks from the time I talked to them. The VERY NEXT DAY I get a call from a sales person asking if I want to upgrade to Internet 50 and get a 4k PVR box. Well, now that you asked me, sure that's a great idea, what's the price. Well, it's higher than customer loyalty offered, so I declined and called customer loyalty back. Sure, we'll do that for you, add the 4K pvr box to the package and give you a good price to boot. I'm all set, same day for the service that we already agreed to, I"m all set.

Now the fun begins...I get a call the DAY BEFORE THE SERVICE call. "Sorry sir, no ports are available, we can't do it" so I ask when can you? "sorry sir, no timeline available, tomorrow, or could be six months" What?

So what do I do? I have to sit on my but with no updates because there is no port, BUT YOU CALLED ME AND ASKED ME TO UPGRADE....WHY DI YOU CALL ME TO UPGRADE IF YOU CAN'T DO IT ANYWAY!!!!!!

stupid is all I can say. Don't offer me services you cannot provide, put in some more ports and let's get on with it.

See less See more
#2 ·
This is how big company works.

The sale guy from the sales department calls you to upgrade. They don't care about whether they have ports near you. All the sale guy care is get the sale. Let someone else taking care of the details.

I frequently has Telus door-to-door sale to knock on my door. If the sale department runs a list of current customers at that neighborhood and gives the list to the door-to-door sale guy not to knock on the doors in the current customer list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.