Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Golovkin vs Lemiuex on Telus PPV?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jag17 
#1 ·
Will Telus PPV carry this fight? It's only a week away and neither the guide nor website mention the fight. Can anyone confirm it will air on Telus PPV?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

#4 ·
I contacted them and they said as of now it's not airing, but that could change. It's a HBO PPV, which usually air. This kind of sucks, as I'll be working that night. I was hoping to PVR it and watch it when I'm home. I guess I'll wait and see how it plays out.

#5 ·
I did some twitter searching, and this question was asked to the Telus official account. Unfortunately, they replied with a no. So it doesn't appear this PPV fight will be broadcast by Telus. Sucks for us fight fans, as this is promising to be an action-packed fight.

Since Telus Quebec is airing the fight, is it at all possible for me (in BC) to order the Quebec feed? I realize it would be a French broadcast, but a French broadcast is better than no broadcast.

#6 ·
Nope. Telus Quebec is getting it from Videotron's Canal Indigo PPV service, which operates exclusively in Quebec at this point. They are showing it in both French and English though. Bell is also carrying it through their own PPV service (available on both their Fibe service and nationally on their satellite TV service). I believe that Telus outside of Quebec sources its PPV from Shaw Broadcast Services, which does not appear to be carrying it. That's why Telus isn't.

#7 ·
Shaw is carrying it. I checked at a buddy's house. It's listed to air.

I direct messaged Telus' twitter account this morning, and they got back to me saying they will be airing it. They said they will air it but do not know the price as of yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.