Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

New Optik TV improvements (version 2.6)

37K views 95 replies 34 participants last post by  Riko 
#1 ·
Recently saw this in my guide.

Is there a new update coming soon? They are advertising new TV features, software related.

Thanks

#2 ·
I would also like to know when the update is coming. I've rebooted my Telus box; still no update. On Channel 5 (TELUS INFO) it says to check telus.com/tvnews (or Channel 99) for further information. However, on that web page the most recent post is from July.

Anyway, I'm very interested to try the new On Now Guide, Live TV Filters, and improved Search. It has been much too long since Telus has added new features. They've got to keep up with Shaw.

#5 ·
Thanks, would have been nice if they communicated this to the customers lol

None the less, thanks for the info.

Maybe there is a job waiting for you at Telus :)

#7 ·
* Live TV Filters (Finding currently-airing content by genre)
* Previous channels (Program details and images have been added to this feature)
* On next (Same as above)
* Search (Images included in searches and your own DVRed shows are also included)
* On now guide (Option for a simplified guide showing only what's on now or on next)

Details on channel 99.

#11 ·
still transparent but it does not take up the full screen now. bottom half is the guide, seems brighter and sharper. upper left is the preview pip screen and in upper right is channel / program info.

cool thing is the on now. Down arrow and you get the on now. shows channel number and program name and how much time remaining. If you up or down arrow from there you get to next higher or lower channel with pip preview and program info. And if you right arrow from the on now you get the next 4 shows upcoming with a "box art" of the program.

over all everything seems more responsive and quicker and more instant. looks like a good update.

#14 ·
i also notice there are other items i do not recall seeing.
In the system information in addition to the client version it also has
Client store content version: 026r
Cloud token version: none
platform OS/Version: WinCE/5.0.1400

not sure if those items are new with the update or were there before.

also. the best place to see what the new guide / features are like is to tune to channel 99.

#24 ·
Anyone know the rollout the new software? Geesh it's been forever seeing that demo on Telus. What in the world is taking them so long. Would have thought since that ad on tv repeating over and over meant they were updating soon.

#25 ·
New Optik TV improvements (version 2.6.31664.1228)

I haven't received the new updates on either box(pvr, hd). Waiting patiently here in Surrey BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
Wow I back again and they still haven't updated my equipment firmware. It's been ages since i first saw that media video on optic talking about updating yet they still haven't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.