Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

ISB7150 Low Audio Level Output

6K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  scorpion 
#1 ·
Anyone else have low audio output levels on an ISB7150?

I have 4 devices connected to an HDMI switch, all connected to a single HDMI port to my TV. I use the switch to select input to display.

Anyways, always annoying that the TV volume has to be cranked up quite high when on the Optik TV to get the same volume level the other devices (Chromecast, computer, and XBox) get at a much lower TV volume level.

eg. I have to set the tv volume to "50" on Optik TV to get the same audio as the others when the tv volume is set to "30".

I've swapped cables and ports and even gone direct from 7150 to TV, so have eliminated everything else but the Telus box.

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Here are the things to check:

1. If you are using the TV stereo speakers, check that the audio settings are STEREO. (I think you press MENU, Settings, Audio)

2. You can adjust the volume output of the Telus box. I use MTS TV in Manitoba, which is the same system, and we can adjust the audio volume through the audio setting above. I recommend setting it to MAX (25).

If you don't have that option, you can reset your remote to factory defaults which allow you to control the STB volume. You will then have to set it up with you TV code again. Here are the instructions for the slimline remote:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/187...-remote-control-questions-12.html#post1684569

#8 ·
I've always had this issue with any device I'm running. Mind you I have all devices running through my pioneer receiver. When I use my Xbox I have to crank the volume down. And I notice some channels are louder than others with this 7150. My 7150 is set to surround.

#13 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to add an update to my original post/problem. My ISB7150 just received the new guide and firmware, and one of the first things I noticed afterwards was BOOMING audio levels.

Where my TV audio used to have to be set anywhere from "40 to 60" (I know...just meaningless numbers - but that was really cranked up!), now, the TV is never above "12-15", and setting the volume back to the original 40-60 would shake the walls.

Anyone else notice this audio "fix".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.