Best and most updated antenna pointing sites? - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 2017-11-11, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

rabbit73, you are a rock star!!!

I finally got the htt p //ww w . fcc . gov /media/engineering /dtvmaps site to display the antenna directions, thanks to your instructions!

I also got a closer long/alt coordinates for the NY address thanks to your response. The closest I could get it is 42.517544, -76.394076

I tried to fine tune it from there, but it kept resorting back to certain locations.

I still would like to hear peoples responses to this location not suffering from over amplification and also if anything else would assist such as a FM trap and/or anything else.

TY again to all the responses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 2017-11-12, 12:20 PM
DHC Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrcbrt View Post
rabbit73, you are a rock star!!!
Thank you. I try, but I'm still learning.
Quote:
I finally got the htt p //ww w . fcc . gov /media/engineering /dtvmaps site to display the antenna directions, thanks to your instructions!
Good
Quote:
I also got a closer long/alt coordinates for the NY address thanks to your response. The closest I could get it is 42.517544, -76.394076
Thank you
Quote:
I tried to fine tune it from there, but it kept resorting back to certain locations.
I wonder why that is.
Quote:
I still would like to hear peoples responses to this location not suffering from over amplification and also if anything else would assist such as a FM trap and/or anything else.
I don't see a problem with over amplification. There might be a problem from FM interference to VHF-High, but if the preamp has an FM filter, it might help. To give a more accurate answer, I would need to see some photos of the antenna on its mount, see a satellite view of the house, and have you tell me the exact address in a PM (forum Private Message).

Here is a TVFool report, for what's worth, for that location:
TV Fool

Here is an FM signal report for that location. That one strong FM transmitter is a little closer:
http://www.fmfool.com/modeling/tmp/a...8/Radar-FM.png

and here is the FCC DTV report for that location:

If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
Lord Kelvin, 1883
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 2017-11-13, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Eureka! I played around with the Lat/Long readings I was getting and finally found a set 42.517105, -76.393473 that gave me an address(463 Wood Rd, Freeville, NY 13068) that didn't show up as "block Level" on tvfool. I used a site that converts the lat/long numbers into an address. The site is stevemorse dot org. If you scroll slightly more than half way down the page, on the left side of the page it will say latitude/Longitude. Click on that and voila.

Now we have the address to work with!

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 2017-11-14, 03:20 PM
DHC Supporter

Thank you for the coordinates and the stevemorse link which I didn't know about.

The latest coordinates are for the house, and the previous coordinates are for the corner of the lot about 200 feet away, so the signal report shouldn't be much different, but the trees might be a problem......trees block TV signals.
TV Fool

If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
Lord Kelvin, 1883

Last edited by rabbit73; 2017-11-14 at 08:57 PM.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 2017-11-14, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Yes, that is the structure, and the antenna is located at the far right peak of the roof as you displayed it. The mast is 20' above grove ground.

TY rabbit73 for assisting me so much thus far. Trees and 2 edge are definitely going to hinder that location.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.