Is it possible to get NASA TV you HD channel OTA ? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExDilbert

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-10-08, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Is it possible to get NASA TV you HD channel OTA ?

Although this is a satellite driven forum, I believe that the persons that are on this particular forum do you have better information- that being said can this be done using a used satellite and a focal point at a certain distance from the dish? We are after 3760 MHz. Thank you my friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-10-08, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

This is what I have so far here are pictures of the beam and the parts to be cannibalized
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-10-08, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Well until I figure out how to download pictures I have a straight aluminum 56 inch beam mounted at the same horizontal plane as dish network?s - secures in three places with 1/4-20 bolts - flat washers -lock washers w/nylock nuts. The materials I have are the multiple element Chinese style antennae that I?m going to take apart and repurpose along with store brand amps. Have built all the GHs and most of nikiml?s. Time to move forward.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-10-09, 04:52 AM

Short answer, no.

You will need a satellite dish antenna, minimum diameter 8 feet, a c-band LNB, and a satellite receiver capable of DVB-S2.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-10-09, 09:42 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by synapsnap View Post
Well until I figure out how to download pictures...
See the bolding at the bottom of the following post:

How to create a photo album for use on the Digital Forum

The answer to your question about NASA is that you cannot get the channel OTA, only FTA (or by subscription to a service provider like Cable or Satellite). We have an FTA section to this forum.

Free to Air Satellite Television - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

As for OTA, if that's your area of interest, please read the following welcome thread and follow the instructions (TVFool, etc) before posting:

*** WELCOME TO NEW MEMBERS: Read these OTA Forum instructions before posting ***

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2017-10-10, 09:48 PM
Veteran

There is a NASA TV feed online. Not sure if that helps.
Jase88 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.