Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

The DPP44 switch

182K views 383 replies 92 participants last post by  ExDilbert 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A DPP44 switch will also give you four outputs however requires the lnb(s) to be DPP twin, DP singles, DP duals, DP twin or a DP quad. Just like the DP34 it only requires two lines into the switch to get 82 and 91.

This switch just like the DPP twin allows you to use a DPP separator(s) for dual tuner receivers. Therefore it is possible to have 4 receivers regardless if they are dual tuner. Another advantage of DPP technology is that legacy receivers work as long as you have one DP or DPP compliant receiver hooked up.

This receiver requires a power adaptor to be hooked up on port one. Unfortunatly the DPP44 is the most expensive switch and are very rare to find in Canada for sale. It will cost you around $100 or more after shipping, duty etc.

This switch has four inputs from four different orbital locations if that matters to you.

#2 · (Edited)
Administrators Note:
I want to thank Q for all his work setting these threads. All of the work below was done by him. I merely helped him post some of this information (hence why it appears to be posted by me). Please direct any thanks or questions to him - Hugh

#8 ·
Dual LNB

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but can you use a dish 500 with dual LNBF's (2 feeds of each sat) and plug all four into a DPP44? Reason I want to do this is to piggy back on the existing cabling in my new home and only one feed to each room.

Regs,

Chad J.

#23 ·
Neither the DPP LNBF or the DPP44 use Power Inserters.

The DPP LNBF gets it's power from the DP Receiver(s).

The DPP44 has a seperate Power Supply that connects directly to the switch.

#26 ·
I've hooked up my DPP44, following the installation guide, but my 9242 only finds one Sat. I'll give the details of my installation and if anyone can offer any advice, it would be much appreciated. I have a Bell dish with a DPP LNBF (Bell installed). I attached the cable from the dish into the DPP44 Sat input No.1. I attached the power inserter to Receiver input 1, then a cable from the power inserter into the DPP separator, then 2 cables into the 2 inputs in the 9242. (The 9242 works fine before I put the DPP44 into the mix). I have a FTA receiver connected to Receiver input No.2. (I had unplugged the power on all receivers and the power inserter before making any connections). I then powered up the power inserter, then the 2 receivers. I then ran the check switch routine on the 9242, but the 9242 does not change the name of the switch to the DPP44 as it says it should in the manual. After this procedure, the 9242 receives all channels on Sat 91 but nothing from Sat 82. The FTA receiver gets all channels from 91. Why does the check switch routine not find the DPP44 and not see Sat 82? Please help.

#28 ·
It is a dP Plus LNBF. This carries both 82 & 91 in one cable, into the house, then into a dp Plus Separator, which separates the 2 signals and connects to the two inputs in the 9242 receiver. I know Bell doesn't normally install DPP equipment, but the Bell installer said he installs them quite often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.