Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

The DPP44 switch

182K views 383 replies 92 participants last post by  ExDilbert 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A DPP44 switch will also give you four outputs however requires the lnb(s) to be DPP twin, DP singles, DP duals, DP twin or a DP quad. Just like the DP34 it only requires two lines into the switch to get 82 and 91.

This switch just like the DPP twin allows you to use a DPP separator(s) for dual tuner receivers. Therefore it is possible to have 4 receivers regardless if they are dual tuner. Another advantage of DPP technology is that legacy receivers work as long as you have one DP or DPP compliant receiver hooked up.

This receiver requires a power adaptor to be hooked up on port one. Unfortunatly the DPP44 is the most expensive switch and are very rare to find in Canada for sale. It will cost you around $100 or more after shipping, duty etc.

This switch has four inputs from four different orbital locations if that matters to you.

#175 ·
It's not the firmware.

It's not the firmware, I just tried a 3100 on my DPP44 that has not been hooked up for 2 years, and the software updated to the current revision, and both sat's are detected (before and after the update), and all TP's on 91 and the non 8PSK one on 82 are detected.

Remember the 3100 does not have 8PSK and can only pick up a few of the transponders on 82 now (4 or 5 don't use 8PSK for transmitting), as compared to last year prior to June when 8PSK was not used at all.

There is probably something wrong with the receiver, or maybe it is a early build with a different chip set that prevents it from functioning with dp Plus.

#176 ·
Sorry peano, I can offer no other ideas. I just tried 4 x 3100's onto a DPP44, all see everthing they should, no problems like you are getting.

Do you have another DPP44 to try.? I seem to recall having a switch a year or so ago that gave problems with a 5800, it worked fine on the second switch.... Clutching at straws now.....

#179 ·
HELP!! Convert from BEV to DPP can't find both satelites

Hi

I am having the strangest problem...I swapped my bev LNB for DPP with DPP44...I can lock on one satelite but not both...

i.e i lock on 91 and check 82 no signal I went outside and switched the wires I lock on 82 not 91...

Can anyone help please....

Thanks

#183 ·
Well for a start, have you run a "Check Switch.?

Yes it does matter having only 1 Input, the receiver will NOT function correctly.

Did you use the existing Dish that was alredy pointing at 91 & 82 and were you getting BOTH orbital slots before.?

#188 ·
The rules on when a tech can use a DPP LNBF, which is what is needed in front of your switch is quite strict, however if it makes his installation easier I would think he would use it.

Just ask him when he arrives but if you do not fit the criteria for the DPP LNBF, he might not even be carrying one.

How many and what models of receivers are you having installed.?

#192 ·
I just got Bell installed at my place. There is one cable coming from the new Satellite, it seems like a DP Plus twin. That cable goes into a separator and into my HD PVR (which I assume has a dual tuner). Now I got myself 2 X 4100. I tried connecting it directly to the DP Plus cable but I only get 91.

What do I need to do in order to get all 3 ird's working with the DP Plus Satellite?

#193 ·
The 4100 should work, make sure you don't use the separator, and try running a check switch on it. To have three receivers, you need to add a DPP33 (three receivers max) or DPP44 (four receivers max) switch to the two cables coming from the DPP Twin.

-Mike

#194 ·
If you had been installing all 3 receivers at the same time, bell would have taken care of everything for you, now as scrooloose says, it will be up to you to but a DPP33 or DPP44 switch. Which ever switch you go for, you MUST run BOTH lines from the LNBF into that switch, then you will have 3 or 4 outputs depending on the switch you choose.

You also CANNOT feed 2 x 4100's from a DPP Separator, just in case that was your next question.....lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.