DP34 Switch - Page 7 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 2012-07-07, 06:59 PM
Rookie

I would have to have a 2nd cable going from the lnb to the in/out on the diplexer in the garage and tv on diplexer to bedroom tv leaving the sat on the diplexer with nothing hooked to it? As the other cable from the lnb would be going directly to the wall in my living room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 2013-09-28, 03:38 PM
Rookie

Is this the same as DP34

Is this switch the same as a DP34? If not, can I cascade it off an existing DP34 to get 8 lines?

http://picclick.com/3X4-MULTISWITCH-...792539362.html
post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 2013-09-29, 05:44 AM
Rookie

No it is not. That is a Legacy switch, it is no DP compatible. It is for singe Satellite reception from 1 x LNBF to 4 Receivers.

Cascading from a DP34 you need a DP34 or a DPP44.

post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 2016-04-10, 04:26 PM
Rookie

Any help would be appreciated. I currently have a DP34 running. I bought another DP 34 hoping to add another 4 outlets. I ran two lines from the first switch (from the output to additional switches) to the dish input of the second switch. After running a check switch, I can see both 91 and 82 on the outputs from the second DP34 switch. I disconnected and mounted the second dp-34 switch to the wall, now it only reads one satellite. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting numerous times and running check switches also and it still only see's one satellite. I even removed the switch from the wall like before when it first saw both satellites and reconnected but now it only sees one. Any suggestions?
post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 2016-04-13, 01:42 PM

Which Sat does it see?

Try swapping over the 'link' lines see if it sees a different Sat.

That should help prove if the fault is with a line/crimp or port on a switch.
post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 2016-04-14, 02:40 PM
Rookie

When I run a check switch it says it detects less satellites than before. It only sees 82.

I tried switching the input line #1 and #2 on the second dp34 that is coming from the "additional switch" output from first dp34, ran check switch and same result. I tried switching the output line #1 and #2 from the receiver output of the second dp 34, ran check switch and still the same.

I find it strange that everything was working and then when I disconnected and reconnected the inputs and outputs on the second switch it doesn't. Could I have shorted out the switch?
post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 2016-04-15, 02:41 AM

Possible. What if you swap out the DP34 for the first one, does it function in that location.?

Also, you should be aware that it does not matter if you use Inputs 1 & 2 on the first switch, for example, 1 & 3 or 2 & 3 will still work just fine. As it could be an issue with one of the link ports. If you try 1 & 3, just make sure you use 1 & 3 for the link cables.

EDIT;

Like this;

Last edited by Allan B; 2016-04-15 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Added image

Tags
dp34

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in