What is switch SCD-2P3E used for? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paolo
  • 1 Post By Allan B

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-12-31, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

What is switch SCD-2P3E used for?

I have several hanging around and was wondering what they are used for.Could it be used to combine OTA and Satellite signals on same Cable similar to combiners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-12-31, 01:08 PM
Veteran

A quick google search on that part number has led me to believe its possibly some kind of satellite Destacker, which is used in condos and apartment buildings. So the answer would be No it would not be for combining Antenna and Satellite.

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-12-31, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Ok ,thanks.
I was under the impression that it could combine signals because you have a 54-2650 MHZ Input and two outputs, a IRD 950-1450 MHZ output along with another VHF 54-300 output.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-12-31, 01:30 PM
Veteran

You could probably use a diplexer designed for combining Satellite and Antenna/CATV, but if it were me, I would keep the Antenna on a separate cable run, that's just me though.
Voodoocobra likes this.

Bell Satellite TV, 9400 HD PVR, 65 Inch LED TV, Smart Blue Ray Player, No sound system.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-12-31, 02:17 PM

As explained above, it is a de-stacker for use in an apartment building. The Input is the line from the wallplate, IRD out is a line to the Bell TV Receiver and the VHF out is for the Lobby Camera feed, which is normally on Channel 3 and this line would be fed into the Antenna Input on the TV set.

For a Dual Tuner HD PVR (9241, 9242 or 9400) 2 of these are required, 1 for each Sat Feed.
Voodoocobra likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 2015-12-31, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanx,well explained
!I was wondering what the VHF was for.Never thought about the Camera Feed but makes sense.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 2016-01-01, 11:34 AM

To understand this a little better, what type of LNB, Switches or other equipment are used to stack the signal for the SCD-2P3E to unstack. From my understanding one line carries all satellite, all transponders and a regular 3Ghz splitter can be used for multiple receivers along with a SCD-2P3E for each receiver/tuner.
Can it also be used with a separator for dual tuners or would that conflict with the technology?
It might be the way to wire a home, less wire, more flexibility, but what would be the cost, and is Bell even willing to share the technology?

If Life is a Highway,...then why is there no end to this dirtroad?

Last edited by dirtroad; 2016-01-01 at 11:52 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 2016-01-01, 05:16 PM

It is certainly not ever going to be something for the normal house installation, the Stacker is only available to Bell TV and it costs a bomb, so I am told.

Yes, it does end up being just the one cable that carries all polarities and yes it can be split by using a 3ghz all ports power passing splitter but it will also require amplifying if there are lots of outlets and definitely if there is any considerable distance involved.

It uses Legacy LNBF's, with 4 lines into the Stacker, the DPP Separators cannot be used as this is not DP or DPP technology. To feed a Dual Tuner receiver, the line from the wallplate would be split using a 3Ghz Splitter and then 2 of the SCD-2P3E's would be used to feed both tuners.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in