Review: 2001 Audio/Video, Please Read Post 1 - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with this retailer?
Extremely Satisfied 15 38.46%
Somewhat Satisfied 9 23.08%
Somewhat Dissatisfied 4 10.26%
Extremely Dissatisfied 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 2010-11-10, 12:16 PM
2001 Audio Video Orangeville - Service Plans

We purchased a $600.00 received approx 10 months ago including a 3 yr service plan for an addition $200.00. Received died over 2 months ago. Returned to the Orangeville Store - advised it would be 2 weeks. We are now into 10 weeks (over 2 months). We have lied to and have been treated very rudely. We have purchased many items from this store. We have escalated this to Yamaha and 2001 Audio Video Customer Service. In the meantime we have purchased a new received as we had no use of our new 52" screen tv unless we did. Still no receiver, and no compensation and nothing from the Orangeville store. I would never purchase a single item from this store again nor their service plans they dont honour. We shouldve been given a new receiver long before now!
Sponsored Links
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 2011-01-02, 10:43 AM
Nothing but upselling when I knew what I wanted to buy already. The clerk at the checkout insisted I had to show my driver's license to pay $1000 on Master Card. According to their sign this was "for your protection"

Never going back.

CBC English Radio, TV and web streaming.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 2011-06-20, 04:06 PM
How does this chain stay in business? Prices seem OK by the daily full page ads which must cost a bundle for them, but except for Christmas rush and Boxing Day, any other time I go in there, the stores are empty or only one other customer, never have seen them ring anything up. And I still see new stores opening up once in a while to serve nobody.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 2011-06-20, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Member #1
Please see post #1.

This thread is strictly for reviews and is not for discussion.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 2013-01-02, 08:15 AM
I have shopped there with a friend, buying a Plasma TV at the Burlington location. Price was right, service was fine...nothing special, but fine. I see such chain stores for what they are, a place to get a deal & only one notch above Future Shop et. al.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 2013-02-25, 01:50 PM
Don't buy from 2001 audio video

I purchased my dream TV.. 60" Samsung Plasma 3D TV... for $1400.00 + $400.00 for extended warranty. AT the store they told me the warranty covered ANYTHING.. falling off the all, getting soaked by water and we both laughed. I had the TV for 14 months and my wife called me in tears at work and said the kids were watching the TV and the TV has two cracks in it and wont' turn on. I came home to investigate and we ended up blaming our 18 month old boy for throwing his bottle at the TV. It had 2 cracks in it so we assumed that's what must have happened. Not sure how he could nail the TV twice but what else could have happened. We went to 2001 audio video and they said "physical damage" nothing they can do.

So I purchased the 60" TV Samsung again (not 3D Version for $1000.00)... we went home hooked it up and 7 days later I was watching the hockey game and poof the screen flashed and 2 cracks in the screen. I was so angry I got on the phone with 2001 audio video and they said "it's under warranty by Samsung still nothing they can do" <-- sound familiar... nothing they can do.

I contacted Samsung and after 2 months of yelling and screaming and posting on their facebook and twitter accounts they finally agreed to fix the TV. When the company came to repair it they looked at our other - original - broken 60" plasma and said that it looks like the screws were tightened too much inside or something like that but its' not physical damage because there is nothing wrong to the outside of the screen.

I got in touch with 2001 audio video and explained this and after 3 weeks they decided ... you guessed it ... there's nothing they can do! No replacement!

So please don't EVER purchase ANYTHING from them! EVER!!!!
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 2017-10-26, 10:31 AM
Review: 2001 Audio/Video, Please Read Post 1

I recently bought a set of speakers (last Sunday) at the Brampton location (Great Lakes) after testing/returning a pair from another retailer. However, I almost walked out the door when another sales rep arrogantly decided to come over and lower the volume on the receiver we were using to test the speakers! I quickly asked if he needed to leave the building (he ignored me and walked away) while I was trying to determine if I wanted to buy the speakers. Kulwinder (the good sales rep) turned the volume back up and we tested a couple different speaker brands. The other sales rep moved to the end of the counter and sulked while pulling things from the back of his pants. Incredible! Later, I overheard his pompous and arrogant tone while he tried to use his basic tech knowledge to try and con a couple into buying a TV. The speakers I took home from the other retailer crapped out at higher volumes and I didn't want to waste my time and not properly test them.

At the end, I did buy a nice pair of Klipsch speakers here and got a great price, but for a moment I was ready to walk. The arrogance and dimwitted move of the other rep almost cost his Kulwinder a nice sale. If I was the store manager, I would have pulled the other rep aside and said, "Do that again and you're toast."
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 2017-10-26, 06:44 PM
Picked up a ZVOX 580 for a really good price at the Whitby location. No complaints
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 2017-10-29, 05:59 PM
I like buying at 2001 Audio/Video in general because of the very fair pricing with many nice deals around black Friday and Christmas season. You can get many times better deals than BestBuy offers. I would say that in general the customer service for me has been excellent though there have been the odd time that service could have have been better but sometimes it's due to lack of proper training or a personality conflict.

I would not hesitate to bring my business to 2001 Audio/Video as I am a very satisfied customer.

2001 audio video , retailer , review

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.