Does Amazon.ca have an actual phone number? - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-04-23, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Question Does Amazon.ca have an actual phone number?

I need to talk to someone on the phone from Amazon.ca regarding a few of my orders,but their "Contact us"portion is useless.They ask you to answer a few questions above and then click how you want to make contact...e-mail...phone......chat....neither one works!!
I found a 1-800 number from Google,but that does not work!. You used to be able to talk to an agent,as I needed to talk to someone about a gold c.d. that was not a gold c.d....that was back a few years,so they must have cut the phone number out?!
Anyone try phoning them and got through?Huck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-04-23, 06:57 PM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
If you go to your account, find contact us, click on it, select an option regarding your problem and you can have them call you. Current wait time was 4 minutes when I was just there.

On that page they say this is faster than going to the general help number, where you have to answer a few questions:

General Help: 1-877-586-3230

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-04-24, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Well,I managed to get lucky and called this number(1-866-216-1072) which turns out to be Amazon.com and the man I talked to did not have a number for Amazon.ca??!!...what?!!...he put me on hold for 5 minutes and he came back and told me that the number for Amazon.ca was (1-877-5863230)....I called that and at least they answered as Amazon.ca...but they were closed,being they were in the CS time zone,being they were behind me by one hour....so I will try again in an hour.8 oclock my time. Huck

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-04-24, 11:31 AM

I've contacted them many times through the call-back feature and most times they've called me within seconds.

Sony KDL-52XBR4,SD DVR530/630,Tosh HD-A2 HD-A30, Pana DMP-BD65, Pio VSX-1015,Energy C3,CC100,ESM-4,S8.2, Engenius WAP
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 2015-04-25, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Seems that my Internet Explorer won't allow any of that contact info to show,but when I log-in to my account using Google Chrome,.....I get all that contact info! Huck
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 2016-12-05, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 View Post
If you go to your account, find contact us, click on it, select an option regarding your problem and you can have them call you. Current wait time was 4 minutes when I was just there.

On that page they say this is faster than going to the general help number, where you have to answer a few questions:

the phine number is correct, dec 5th, 2016
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-08-30, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57 View Post

I tried unsuccessfully today to talk to Amazon.ca - a warm heart pumping human un Canada. No luck. Only got people outside North America ho knew nothing about what i wanted to discuss - got transferred 5 times because they did not know much about Kindle. And when I finally got someone who i could understand his knowledge level is useless. .CA got me to .COM which di not help the situation. But nobody to talk to in Canada about the situation. Horrible horrible Customer Service.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-08-31, 12:44 AM

Location: Toronto, Rogers, 9865 & 8300-eHDD, Sharp LC75N8000U, Denon AVR4310Ci; Sony KDL40W3000, 9865
@Kingsley Butler : Did you use the specific number as discussed in the first paragraph of my post or did you use the general help number?

Looks like the menu may have changed somewhat, however, after you login to Amazon.ca, click on "help" and you are presented with a number of options. Click "problem with an order". You are then presented with a "contact us" option at the bottom left. Click it and you get a tab that is specific to Kindle... click something to do with Kindle like "Kindle e-reader" and then "something else" as the next option and you are then presented with a "phone" option where they will call you. I would expect that person who calls to know something about Kindle... You are also presented with a "chat" option, which I utilized as indicated below.

FYI, I recently had an issue with a late shipment on an order through Amazon.ca. I used the "chat" option and was helped quickly and properly to my satisfaction. I don't know the location of the person I was "chatting" with, but they were helpful and knowledgeable (about an Amazon.ca-specific item). Perhaps I'm just lucky...

57's Home Theatre (Latest equipment & photos)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 2017-10-17, 11:48 AM

Smile Customer Service

Hi, I can confirm that the phone number is:
Called this morning and spoke to a young lady that was very professional and helpful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.