Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Where can I buy a 32 GB MicroSD card in Toronto?

15K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  DadofChokes 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find a 32 GB MicroSD card, and can't seem to find one. Best Buy, Factory Direct, Future Shop, and Tiger Direct all have MicroSD cards, but go up to 16 GB only.

Anyone know of a brick-and-mortar store in Toronto that sells them?

Also: anyone have the website addresses of stores in the downtown computer district?

cheers,
supervij

#28 ·
I believe that it has to be shipped back within a specified period of time. Regular mail might not get it there in time.

cheers,
supervij

#29 ·
One last word on the topic: I'm presuming you guys didn't have to ship your cards back because the seller didn't want it back. My seller does want it back, and PayPal said that since that's the case, I must return it to get my refund. They said that if the seller didn't care if it came back or not, they'd refund me no problem.

cheers,
supervij

#30 ·
I to have been scammed in the past with USB flash drives and Pay Pal was no help. What I learned is that if the deal is to good to be true and it is so cheap as compared to other deals on E-bay then I would recommend that you stay away....Had 4 drives all 16 GB and only one worked as advertised.

I only now buy name brand price on sale in Canada and forget the "deals", to many times they are scams......once bitten never deal again!!!! is my moto for those type of products on flea-bay.

#31 ·
32 Gb MicroSD and eBay

So far I have ordered from 2 different people on eBay. One guy from China, who sent me a lovely coin and no memory. This guy had NO feedback (my mistake on that one. It had been a while since I bought anything from eBay and I had forgotten the rules)
The other from Quebec who sent me memory from China that would not hold any data. It would format to 32 Gb but when I tried to load music on it, the music would appear and then disappear shortly after. It seemed to want to hold only 5 Gb of data. I tried my phone and laptop with the same results (even tried their adapter and a spare I have here). (This guy's feedback was good and the price was in line with typical selling prices)
The first guy I disputed with PayPal and they originally told me to send back the coin. 1 day after that e-mail, then called me to offer me 66% of my money (I got it for under $20 USD) and they would close the dispute.
The second guy is offering me a full refund.(<-I'll post on this one)
From what I can see, the Cheapest, RELIABLE place is from known vendors.
NCIX has the memory for $108 today. May bight the bullet and buy from them.
Be careful out there; even when you know the rules, the scammers have found great ways to make stuff look temping.
DadofChokes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.