2017 College Football Coverage - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-08-31, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

2017 College Football Coverage

I guess since no one has started a college football thread for this year (and that the season starts tonight) I will volunteer to do one. I have posted my Week 1 college football schedule to my blog to anyone who wants to read it for the next five days of college football.

https://bossmansblog.wordpress.com/2...l-tv-schedule/
emmy1500 and Inglewood like this.

Single Dad, Multiple College/University grad, College Football Superfan, and overall lazy ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-08-31, 02:08 PM
Rookie

Thanks Bossman. I have been subscribing to Rogers SuperSportsPak from Sep to Mar each year, but can't see paying $35 a month and not getting NFL Sunday Ticket, as much as I enjoy college football.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-08-31, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

You're welcome @Swagger2002 . And yeah that's the one big difference between Bell and Rogers is that I can get just U.S. College football and basketball on its own without subscribing to the other sports with Bell.

Single Dad, Multiple College/University grad, College Football Superfan, and overall lazy ass.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-08-31, 03:28 PM

Anyone have any streaming options that are available? There have been very few the last few years except for some freebie games of Division II and lower teams made by media students at one of the schools.

Being an OTA user with access to a few US markets, it's not horrible, but the selection is weak on some Saturdays on the big 4 U.S. networks and some of the sub-channels that carry games for the smaller conferences.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-08-31, 06:24 PM

Does anyone know if TSN or Rogers will be picking up the Fox Sports One games ? A few years ago Michigan was at Utah on FS1 and the Big Ten Network in Canada showed the game, maybe they will do the same again.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-08-31, 08:04 PM
Veteran

I think it's a to be determined thing. I have seen FOX games in the Super Sports Pak before but it's few and far between.

Bossman, I noticed your site said Rogers has SEC. I'm assuming you are referring to the games being included in SSP? That is good news. I might purchase the package in October when more conference games start.
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-08-31, 11:02 PM

Thanks for your weekly postings, Bossman. Always a good read. It is a shame we get screwed so hard here in Canada when it comes to CFB coverage.

I'm on Bell, so I don't get the Big Ten Network. The horror stories I've read on your blog Bossman and elsewhere makes me never want to pay for Bell's CFB package, especially when big games aren't on it every week.

I'm an Arizona State fan and in previous years, I've paid to stream the Pac 12 Network online via YouTube to watch their games. I went to subscribe tonight for another season and I am blocked. This is the response from the Pac-12 Network: "We are exploring our options for expanding distribution in Canada and will update you as and when anything changes. Meanwhile, you’re still able to access a robust array of short-form content across online and on our social media sites."

Seeing as their network isn't carried in Canada as far as I know, combined with the above issues, I have no issues watching a majority of my games online via illegal streams. I want to pay, but either I can't or the product is inferior.
emmy1500, Inglewood and Bossman like this.

-
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-09-01, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

@Banner23 We do not receive FS1 games up here and won't for the 2017 season. That was a one-off they did a few years ago. Basically it was an all-in marketing scheme to show the Big Ten what they could have with FOX. And whaddya know? It worked (to the chagrin of Canadian college football fans).

@bigoranget Yes the SEC Network games are now available on Rogers. Took them enough time. I still don't understand the rationale behind not including it when it first started.

@ticky Yeah talking with a few American friends they are shocked at what we have to do to watch college football up here. To them it's absurd (it is to us too). Then again, this issue would NEVER fly down there. Ever.

We are getting to the point where college football fans are being pushed in that direction. It's sad but we didn't ask for this. Most of us would pay a premium to get all the games we want. Unfortunately, we aren't allowed to.
emmy1500 likes this.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-09-05, 11:10 PM

American Sports Network syndication has been dismantled and replaced by a new OTT/digital subchannel network called Stadium. The UAB game wasn't geoblocked on it.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-09-08, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Here's your Week 2 Hurricane-Adjusted college football schedule: https://bossmansblog.wordpress.com/2...l-tv-schedule/

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-09-14, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Here is your Week 3 College Football TV in Canada schedule: https://bossmansblog.wordpress.com/2...l-tv-schedule/

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-09-21, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Another week, another college football schedule. Week 4 is up! https://bossmansblog.wordpress.com/2...l-tv-schedule/

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-09-29, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Here's your week 5 schedule: https://bossmansblog.wordpress.com/2...l-tv-schedule/

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-09-30, 04:00 AM

Miami (Ohio) at Notre Dame (5 pm ET, NBCSN) is available in Canada via NBC Sports Gold for 15$.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 2017-10-01, 06:10 PM

I thought all Notre Dame home games are to be carried by NBC?

Tags
college football , football

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.